At this point in time why believe in god ?

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
i agree with noamkot!
I believe in science... it can be proved... what I can't see, isn't there.. but that's just my narrow minded oppinion... and many people disagree with me.. but that's fine by me.

however... a fun read about gods and religions is:
Terry Pratchett - Small Gods

very fun, recomended!

Mucuna

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, remember that "god" does not always means "Jeovah".

Also that science it is not meant to prove or disprove anything metaphysically related. Science, roughly, is to understand the natural phenomenas. If something considered supernatural is explained by science, then it becomes natural.:-D

Anyway, I don't think that the nowadays method of science is the way that we can understand everything, but I don't think that there is a omnipowerful being that cares about what we do or do not.

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
what I can't see, isn't there.. but that's just my narrow minded oppinion

What if it is there, but we haven't seen it yet?
ohmy.gif

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't believe in god but I understand why people would and most importantly I respect other people's beliefs. If you go around spouting anti-religious crap you are just as bad as them.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figure I'll find out when I die. I'm agnostic. I neither believe, nor disbelieve. I just don't know.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Why must there be another religion topic?
this forum can handle them, don't worry

religion, I don't really care.
as long as your religion doesn't make up your mind before you hear the issue, it's all good in my books.

I will say, after growing up a good little christian, and going to a catholic school, there's no way I could still be a christian this day.
It surprises me how the stuff I grew to hate so much is like the fundamental parts of being a christian, and so many other people haven't been turned off by it.

also, black jesus
wub.gif

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lol how old are you bulletmark?

Some people don't believe in god in the traditional sense as some big dude sitting up in the clouds. For some people their favorite sport can be a kind of god, maybe they think god is a certain feeling they get or maybe even trees and stuff..nature could be someones god. Gaming being a god? Awesome, whatever works.

You needa expand ur mind maannnn chances are you're a young boy that doesn't know much of the world (no offense).

You don't really see many older people with life experience parading around telling people what they believe are fairy tails.

Some people just want to keep an open mind about it, it's not like you can ever prove god doesn't exist and it sucks to ridicule other peoples beliefs.

You never know...although personally I think it's extremely unlikely that god exists in the traditional sense you can never be 100% sure.

/end serious

Most of this thread is comedy gold
biggrin.gif

Wolfsclaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
my theory is that god created evolution.

that's what they tell us at school nowadays, because it's absolutely safe from scientific facts
smile.gif

i imagine one day the following conversation:
prof: "So we developed a time-machine, travelled back to see jesus and all that stuff and we noticed the whole bible, qur'an etc. were totally made up"
believer: "so what? God wanted us to to think so, it's all in God's plan, LOL"

that's why i think monotheistic religons will never "die", i would certainly wish it for islam and christianity (this does _not_ mean i'm against christs and muslims as long as they're friendly to other people, but more against the dangers of the beliefs in these religions, i.e. islamic extremists, evolution-denier, homophobic tendences), but i'm cool with the monotheistic bahaii religion and other religions like buddhism, hinduism, jaoism etc

Although i can't say for sure that there is no god (which makes me a little agnostic) i believe that the evidence is much more going for the does-not-exist theory, thus making me live my life without the belief in a higher being and it's a big party
grog.gif

Taras

I'm Not Hating, I'm Just Sayin'
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
my theory is that god created evolution.

From a scientific standpoint, this would make god redundant. From a biblical standpoint this is laughable as the "all powerful" and rather neurotic Yahwah (or El depending on which chapter) wouldn't leave design and development to anyone else, particularly environment.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1