XP
Country
United States
unEpic - $9.99
Enter the Gungeon - $14.99
Poly Bridge $14.99
Hammerwatch - $9.99
The End is Nigh - $14.99

I own all of these but Poly Bridge on Steam, I'll probably be willing to re-buy all on Switch for the portable aspect. There are others that look interesting too (Never Stop Sneakin, One More Dungeon), but I can't really attest to their quality.

As a side note, Switch got me through two airports, two flights and a little downtime at the hotel room. Fire Emblem Warriors and Rocket League are so great to have on the go, got some Odyssey in as well. Didn't even need a recharge with full power down each time.

Last edited by Xzi,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
what a bunch of shit more indie and phone ports zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
No, these are Steam ports. There's a big difference. Everything is represented here: hardcore RPG, bullet hell-roguelike, builder-puzzler, twin-stick RPG-lite, and platformer from the creator of Binding of Isaac.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still would have preferred retail game discounts. Still just saying, not many people buy a new system to see a bunch of ports shoved onto it as if they couldn't have done it with wii u, where was capcom, and square enix and rockstar and half the other devs with games on wii u, all of a sudden we see them trying to get games that was out since ps3 generation on there. :glare:

Resident evil revelations, Syberia, L.A.Noire. I swear, if breath of the wild was on wii u, they could have made Xenoblade chronicles 2 for wii u and a handful of other games, if only they released it first before xenoblade x, may have helped. :unsure:

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the time being I would say stay away from poly bridge on switch as the only current control schemes are motion and touch controls. The developer of poly bridge has confirmed in an ama over on Reddit that he is working on implementing actual controls for the joycons and pro controller.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, go pick up Mario and rabbids while it is on sale. You won't be disappointed! The game is absolutely amazing (this is also coming from a person that initially scoffed at the idea of a Mario and rabbids crossover) and a ton of fun. I'm currently working on 100% the game (I have two worlds of challenges left and a few more chests to find before I'm done), and I've enjoyed pretty much every minute of it.

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Resident evil revelations, Syberia, L.A.Noire. I swear, breath of the wild was on wii u, they could have made Xenoblade chronicles 2 for wii u and a handful of other games, if only they released it first before xenoblade x, may have helped. :unsure:
The only things that might've helped Wii U are a better name and better marketing. Even then I don't believe it has the appeal of Switch because of the portable aspect. With Wii U they were trying to transfer the wrong aspect of DS to stationary console gaming. If anything, many people want fewer screens to rely on for information, not more. We've already got cell phones and tablets and touchscreen fridges and cars and etc.

Last edited by Xzi,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only things that might've helped Wii U are a better name and better marketing. Even then I don't believe it has the appeal of Switch because of the portable aspect. With Wii U they were trying to transfer the wrong aspect of DS to stationary console gaming. If anything, many people want fewer screens to rely on for information, not more. We've already got cell phones and tablets and touchscreen fridges and cars and etc.
I dunno about others but I like the idea of 2 screens, RPG games like Chrono trigger and final fantasy 4 on DS with a map screen and game screen is useful, managing stuff with simple shortcuts so you don't spend too much time in menus and more time playing game, is just a concept that is nice. No I don't mean it in a bad way, but if they did use the wii u as intended with two screens like most games (Sonic all star racing transformed has 5 players while no other port does, not counting online) It also would be cool for co-op games. But that just me, they haven't used it like some devs had which I felt was also a problem, instead they just ignored most of the stuff they pitched at marketing.

I agree it was marketed all wrong and the supply of content didn't demonstrate it as well either, they could have had some built in games like 3DS face raider and Ar card games (even though i doubt anyone cares) but the same could have been for the switch. They need to stop marketing stuff in specific ways that don't include the stuff they are promoting as the next big deal, why talk about HD rumble, and motion sensing when the only game that uses all that is 1-2-switch and you have to purchase it separately? Same for Nintendo land on wii u, they didn't have this problem with wii sports on wii, or the ar games on 3DS. I'm not saying they have to force the games on us, just they wasn't trying to convince us to care when they don't include a demonstration game to go along with it.

Anyway, I didn't expect a back log of ports to be the first thing the switch gets, but when the system launched with hardly a decent selection, not much to expect. Most of these games could have been on wii u but just wasn't simply cause people didn't see it as a big seller even though they reported on news that pre orders was sold out days after the announcement back in 2012. :blink:

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I dunno about others but I like the idea of 2 screens, RPG games like Chrono trigger and final fantasy 4 on DS with a map screen and game screen is useful, managing stuff with simple shortcuts so you don't spend too much time in menus and more time playing game, is just a concept that is nice. No I don't mean it in a bad way, but if they did use the wii u as intended with two screens like most games (Sonic all star racing transformed has 5 players while no other port does, not counting online) It also would be cool for co-op games. But that just me, they haven't used it like some devs had which I felt was also a problem, instead they just ignored most of the stuff they pitched at marketing.

I agree it was marketed all wrong and the supply of content didn't demonstrate it as well either, they could have had some built in games like 3DS face raider and Ar card games (even though i doubt anyone cares) but the same could have been for the switch. They need to stop marketing stuff in specific ways that don't include the stuff they are promoting as the next big deal, why talk about HD rumble, and motion sensing when the only game that uses all that is 1-2-switch and you have to purchase it separately? Same for Nintendo land on wii u, they didn't have this problem with wii sports on wii, or the ar games on 3DS. I'm not saying they have to force the games on us, just they wasn't trying to convince us to care when they don't include a demonstration game to go along with it.

Anyway, I didn't expect a back log of ports to be the first thing the switch gets, but when the system launched with hardly a decent selection, not much to expect. Most of these games could have been on wii u but just wasn't simply cause people didn't see it as a big seller even though they reported on news that pre orders was sold out days after the announcement back in 2012. :blink:
The second screen could have made sense. However they tried too hard to just mirror displays instead of making something useful, as so few games truly took advantage of it.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The second screen could have made sense. However they tried too hard to just mirror displays instead of making something useful, as so few games truly took advantage of it.
Yeah the mirror screens isn't really something to be hype for even in 2012. Even if it was just to be able to play the game without a tv monitor, it was just too plain for something so new. Even most games don't do mirroring, some games just use one screen like Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze.:P

If they made more multiplayer games, like resident evil revelations 2, is a co-op game that you can have each player use their own screen with, much liks sonic racing transformed which had 5 players cause of the gamepad. Remember legend of zelda 4 swords? I bet most people didn't get to play it cause of the setup required, they could have thought of a way to make it work or just remake it for wii u edition. Those would have been nice or any game that was as uniquely demonstrates the marketing they advertised like nintendo land would have worked. :blink:

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Well, Switch is ~1.5x the power of a WiiU, but yes, everything I listed (quality indies) could've run on WiiU. It's just not that interesting running these games on another stationary system, we already have PC for that.

Also, Switch has been a good mix of new stuff AND ports this year. Floor Kids released not long ago, still on my wishlist. Then there's Odyssey, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Fire Emblem Warriors, Mario+Rabbids. I've even enjoyed ARMS as they've kept updating it consistently.

Last edited by Xzi,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, Switch has been a good mix of new stuff AND ports this year. Floor Kids released not long ago, still on my wishlist. Then there's Odyssey, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Fire Emblem Warriors, Mario+Rabbids. I've even enjoyed ARMS as they've kept updating it consistently.
I'm not saying ports are bad, just is not the first thing I expect to be promoting on a new system. When and if done right, is a great thing. Azure striker gunvolt Striker pack is a good example, a game that made improvements since the 3DS version, meanwhile puyo tetris that been out 3 years ago in japan on 3DS, PS3, wii u, and then decide to release on the switch, Ultra street fighter 2, another "UPDATE/REMASTER" of a already outdated game that adds a unnecessary game mode centered on the gimmick of the joycons, meanwhile having the worst online mode since before they updated ultimate marvel vs capcom 3 with no lobby mode for up to 8 people and no spectator mode. At least Mario kart 8 deluxe and pokken tournament DX added more content, but why is it $60? Other enhance ports don't sell for the same price as the original. Resident evil Revelations has two games both $20 each combined into one $40 purchase.

Is not the problem of ports, is how poorly is marketed. Instead of giving more of a incentive to repurchase a game again (or the aim is to allow people who didn't purchase the game before to buy) Is making odd decisions in doing so. Azure striker gunvolt is $40, they made effort to improve things. Not just copy and paste it for a higher price than expected.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm not saying ports are bad, just is not the first thing I expect to be promoting on a new system. When and if done right, is a great thing. Azure striker gunvolt Striker pack is a good example, a game that made improvements since the 3DS version, meanwhile puyo tetris that been out 3 years ago in japan on 3DS, PS3, wii u, and then decide to release on the switch, Ultra street fighter 2, another "UPDATE/REMASTER" of a already outdated game that adds a unnecessary game mode centered on the gimmick of the joycons, meanwhile having the worst online mode since before they updated ultimate marvel vs capcom 3 with no lobby mode for up to 8 people and no spectator mode. At least Mario kart 8 deluxe and pokken tournament DX added more content, but why is it $60? Other enhance ports don't sell for the same price as the original. Resident evil Revelations has two games both $20 each combined into one $40 purchase.

Is not the problem of ports, is how poorly is marketed. Instead of giving more of a incentive to repurchase a game again (or the aim is to allow people who didn't purchase the game before to buy) Is making odd decisions in doing so. Azure striker gunvolt is $40, they made effort to improve things. Not just copy and paste it for a higher price than expected.
Well, the truth is that the vast majority of Switch owners probably didn't own a WiiU. So, many are willing to buy games like Pokken DX and MK8D at $60. I did (well, $48 with Amazon Prime).

Reactions: Kioku

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the truth is that the vast majority of Switch owners probably didn't own a WiiU. So, many are willing to buy games like Pokken DX and MK8D at $60. I did (well, $48 with Amazon Prime).
Well that is what I thought the target patron was for the time being, but it could have extended to people who already owned some of these games, not just people who didn't.

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
Well that is what I thought the target patron was for the time being, but it could have extended to people who already owned some of these games, not just people who didn't.
I agree. Portability is a big sell with this system. I like that the ports at least added a few things, and weren't just direct ports, so there was enough new content to maybe entice some folk. And then, of course, the portability. If I had extra money to spend, I think I'd gladly buy MK8 Deluxe despite having MK8 on Wii U, since I can take it anywhere and it's a good local multiplayer game to whip out.

Sure, porting some old Wii U titles to pad out the Switch's launch library may seem a little below the waist, but it was ultimately still an enticing sell. Doubt it took much effort, too, so I don't think much development time was wasted.

Reactions: rileysrjay and Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what you're asking for. To target in marketing people who have already played the game with enhanced ports? They already get the benefit of adding portable play and extra features. Whether that's worth full price (with occasional sales/discounts) is up to the individual. Pokken DX and MK8D are very meaty games content-wise if you enjoy their gameplay, regardless of whether you've played them before. Meanwhile, other games have been split off for original Switch content, like Pokemon and Metroid and Smash (apparently).

Last edited by Xzi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: like, He's waaaay up there :D:tpi::rofl2: