At last downgrader 2.5/2.6 - - TRUE

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by martin6482, Jul 2, 2006.

Jul 2, 2006
  1. martin6482
    OP

Newcomer martin6482 Member

Denmark
    It's what we have been waiting for! Check it out.. Though this is great news and lots of people have already downgraded I am gonna wait for the final version... still WOW

http://www.psp-hacks.com/

2. The Teej

Former Staff The Teej Also known as The Tjalian

United Kingdom
    Lots of people have announced success, although a brick is still possible.

Nevertheless, fantastic news!

EDIT: I didn't realise this was a final version downgrader, this is even better!!

3. Costello

Administrator Costello Headmaster

I must say it's great news even though I don't own a PSP.
    I didn't want to buy a PSP but since we can downgrade, I might reconsider...

4. Golds

Member Golds Old Member

United States
    I had a psp, and sold it cause I couldnt downgrade, this is good news.

Well, I counldnt downgrade, and the loading times are horrible for psp games.

5. notchristopher

Member notchristopher GBAtemp Regular

United States
    But if you downgrade you can't play retail games...? Is the homebrew that good?

6. carloandreacchio

Member carloandreacchio GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    You can downgrade and play retail games, u can use devhook which emulates v2.5 firmware (2.6 will soon be avaliable)

7. notchristopher

United States
    Well, gonna go downgrade mine now..

8. delta123

Member delta123 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    it cant be factory 2.5/2.6. u have had to had upgraded it

9. notchristopher

United States
    Well finally my psp is useful again. After beating all the best games to death, I was getting bored with it. It worked fine for me but be sure to read all the directions carefully, even tho a lot of people did it fine their still are some bricked psps out there.

10. Vater Unser

Member Vater Unser GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    there's a modchip which lets you downgrade from any firmware as often as you want...I think it also lets you play homebrew with newer firmware version...
    it costs about 100$ though, so you should wait a bit until it gets cheaper (or until there's a cheaper competitor [​IMG] )

11. salv

Member salv Male Nurse

Canada
    good for the people that upgraded and all. meanwhile i just updated to 2.00 again to play socom for the long weekend (plus the summer break has started) so its easily sailing for now. downgrading was a pain in the ass for me. ive done it like 4 tmes already.
    real good news!

oh and im realllly looking forward to the N64 Emulator for the PSP thats able to run mario, zelda and goldeneye at full speed and sound

w00t this summer might be good for psp hombrew.

12. Opium

Former Staff Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Australia
    I'm currently running fw 1.5 and emulating fw 2.5. I can't wait till I can run fw 2.71 on my 1.5 psp. I'll finally be able to buy another game [​IMG] Loco Roco looks like a really unique game, plus there's Tekken and Ridge Racer 2 coming out, finally some good games worth playing!

13. Shinji

Member Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

United States
    If anyone remembers my ordeals with PSP vs DS (bought ds, sold it for PSP, sold it for PS2, bought DS, bought PSP) I'd have to be quite ashamed to have gotten rid of an original fw 1.5

Also I hear talks of a 1.5>1.0 downgrader in the works, pretty sweet huh?

Sony, there is no stopping us >=)

14. akuma99

Member akuma99 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yea I tried the 2.5/2.6 downgrader on my friends PSP. He got one late in the game and when he learned of the homebrew he wanted to try it but he couldn't get the GTA thing to work. So when the downgrader came out we tried it and it worked so he is very happy now. Also the 1.5-1.00 downgrader is out now, but just like with the other recent downgrader you have to find someone with an original 1.0 PSP so you can get the firmware dump. I think that will be alot harder to find than the 1.5 people because I don't think too many people have a 1.0 PSP anymore.

15. thieves like us

Member thieves like us chaos personified

United States
    I still have a v1.0 firmware (jp) psp sitting in the box. what do I need to provide a dump of the firmware?

16. Azimuth

Member Azimuth Chicken Teriyaki Boy!

Canada
    be careful though there is a greater risk of bricking if ur psp is a TA-082, their also planning on releasing a 1.5 to 1.0 downgrader so its all good news from the psp homebrew community now..too bad i cant downgrade my 2.6 since i cracked the screen today [​IMG] but ill definitely downgrade my 1.5 [​IMG]

If u wanna check wether ur psp is a TA-082:TA-082

17. akuma99

Member akuma99 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    There is already an upload of the 1.0 firmware dump needed for the downdater

http://rapidshare.de/files/25096484/DOWNDATER.rar.html

I tried it and it does work you just need the downdater program as these are just the 1.0 files. Also just so you know there are a number of programs and emulators that don't work on 1.0. Plus you have to convert the eboot files back so they will work for 1.0 which is a hassle. I just wanted to see if it works and it does. But 1.0 doesn't offer anything that 1.5 doesn't so I upgraded back to 1.5 which seems to be the holly grail of firmware.

18. Azimuth

Canada
    actually 1.0 can run some unsigned custom firmware so it can function identically to the undiluted platinum mod chip and run custom firmwares on a psp.

19. Resident0

Member Resident0 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    So how good is this DOWNDATER thing, im downgrading today when my gf brings her GTA over (I traded mine in) but have they fixed all those game save problems (can't save on most 2.0+ games) or is this a thing of the past now?

I see Tekken works on it too, woo!

20. Azimuth

Canada
    i hav no experience with game saves not working, iv been playing me and my katamari and megaman maverick hunters for weeks on my 1.5 using daziso loader and they save fine, currently only 2.7+ games cannot be run since they hav a decrpted prx and devhook cant emulate them but a 2.7 prx decrypter has been released so soon it will be possible to play newer games(Loco Rocco her i come) using devhook.