Asylum seeker who ran over girl is allowed to stay

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Am0s, Dec 17, 2010.

Dec 17, 2010
  1. Am0s
    OP

Member Am0s Mojo Risin

United Kingdom
    First off apologies if this has been posted elsewhere I did have a quick look around but couldn't see any post about this.

I dont usually get annoyed by what is on the news much but this has angered me and no doubt alot of parents too, I think this is wrong and the guy should be deported, as a father of 2 I do not know what I would do if this happend to me.

Source

2. GH0ST

Member GH0ST Your Hero is a Ghost

France
    Sadly it happens everyday and the fact she was killed by a failed asylum-seeker change nothing. My young brother was killed by an alcoholic already banned from driving too.

3. DryYoshi

Member DryYoshi Love child of Dry Bones and Yoshi

Netherlands
    That many years and he is still not deported? WTF!
    I can't really relate to this story, most people I knew died of natural causes.
    I feel bad for the father, he must have been through alot.

4. EJames2100

Member EJames2100 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Yep, this is Britain.

5. TLSS_N

Member TLSS_N Who is John Galt?

United States
    I love Political correctness, sadly it happens here as well. I wish the ACLU would rot!

6. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    This. It wouldn't actually change anything.

7. trumpet-205

Member trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

United States
    I really think the guy should be deported. But hey, there is always loopholes in the law that makes life unfair.

8. FireEmblemGuy

Member FireEmblemGuy Finally hit 1000 posts

United States
    Is this a tragedy? Yes. Should he be treated differently for it just for being an immigrant? No. If he wants to live in the UK, he can abide by the same laws as UK citizens, and be punished the same for breaking those laws. If he wants asylum, he'll hardly find anywhere safer from outside threats than prison. I don't know jack about UK laws, but even if you guys don't have the death penalty surely the guy can be locked away for a couple decades.

9. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    Let's set citisenship and asylum aside for a bit. A guy ran over and killed a girl. A guy with a "string of criminal convictions", and enough traffic violations to warrant his licence to be revoked and he be banned from driving? He was breaking several laws merely by being behind the wheel, and he killed a girl. Why is he not in jail? Four months' jail time? That's a travesty. [​IMG]

10. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    It reminds me a lot of this.

11. _Chaz_

Member _Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

United States
    Vehicular Manslaughter is a serious offense, and when committed on a child... Even if a man has family, there is no doubt that he would be given at least one life sentence for such an act.

This man obviously has no respect for the country, the laws of the country, or the people living in the country. Why he was allowed to stay before is beyond me, but because everyone knows his name, something tells me that someone will pay his dues quite shortly.

I read it... my soul died a little more.

12. Mesiskope

Banned Mesiskope Banned

United States
  13. injected11

Member injected11 Crescent Fresh™

United States
    When the father of the slain girl buys a gun and shoots his daughter's killer in the face, I won't be surprised in the least. I'll even send him a telepathic high-five.

14. PeregrinFig

Member PeregrinFig A miserable little pile of secrets

United States
    Sorry if this sounds stupid, but what's an asylum-seeker? I have never heard that term before reading this.

I agree with the above posters, he should have gotten much more time in jail. Just deporting him changes nothing, he's still running around free, just in a different country.

15. ProtoKun7

Global Moderator ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

United Kingdom
    He took a life; shame they can't take his.

16. Gullwing

Member Gullwing Synesthete

Greece
    That's awful man. I'm so sorry... It really is tragic to die a death from being hitten by a car... But it is meant to be... Really that man that hitted the girl and anyone that does such a thing should have a well deserved punishment

17. trumpet-205

Member trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

United States
    Asylum-seekers refer to those who are seeking protection in foreign country because they committed a crime in their home country.

Example ---> I am wanted in Iran for treason. Treason is a capital offense. I seek permission to stay in US indefinitely. By staying in US I am protected from Iran prosecutors. Until such permission is granted I am an asylum-seeker.

18. Am0s
    OP

Member Am0s Mojo Risin

United Kingdom
    well the problem is its hard to say it with PC so I am just gonna say it, the guy ran over a girl got out of his car and fled leaving the girl to die, in my eyes that is murder and should be dealt with sufficient penalty, 4 months in jail with a string of offenses from banned from driving to burglary and drugs i not a sufficient penalty, the problem we brits see is that asylum seekers get let off easier then us brits, if that was an english person did what he did he most probably would get 4 years instead of 4 months, I know of a load of examples about this. So this problem leads to racial issues for us and before anyone says it no I am not racist.

I just hope he doesnt drive through my town as I am only a stones throw away from him too

19. hatredg0d

Member hatredg0d GBAtemp Regular

United States
    but if he did this, he would probably be in prison for years =/. but imo, completely justifiable.

20. Pliskron

Banned Pliskron Banned

United States
    Asylum seeker or not Brits shouldn't let any more Muslims in their country. Wasn't there just a poll were 30% of Muslim university students said it was ok to kill for religious reasons.