ASUS MX239H vs Dell UltraSharp U2312HM

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by kjb1686, Feb 22, 2013.

Feb 22, 2013
  1. kjb1686
    OP

Member kjb1686 GBAtemp Regular

United States
  2. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    The Asus has built in speakers and 2 HDMI ports but no DVI. The Dell has DVI and DisplayPort and a 4-port USB hub, but no HDMI (or audio). Also the Dell UltraSharp series are famous for their colour accuracy (I have an older version).

Now for me, I would go for the Dell, since USB is geniunely useful to me and I don't need audio since I've got a full speaker system and I don't need HDMI since I use my second monitor for HDMI connections. And it's cheaper. What I don't know is if you can rotate the screen to display in portrait instead of landscape (mine can).

For you... what do you need your monitor for? What specs/features are you looking for?

3. kjb1686
    OP

United States
    I just need one mainly for playing games and watching movies. I have a HDMI port and DVI port on my graphics card so it doesn't matter what connections there are. As for speakers i too have a decent set so i don't need them built into my monitor.

I was considering the Dell originally but then stumbled on the Asus now that the Dell is 179 way cheaper than the Asus i was considering that.

4. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    Sounds like the Dell is the one for you.

5. kjb1686
    OP

United States
    Alright then just wanted secondary opinions before i make the jump. The Dell looks like one fantastic monitor and i hope i am happy with it.