Hardware Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 + FX6300 won't boot first time

WII_GUY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there,

Title pretty much says it all, so I built a new computer and it doesn't boot. There is a speaker attached to the mobo, but it does not beep at any time, and before You ask, yes, it has been correctly installed. I have performed CMOS Jumper thingy, still no results. Have checked video card and monitor, they work. Funny thing is that my keyboard and mouse do not have any power from the USB. I have tried back USBs, 2.0 and 3.0, and same from the front. The case fans still spin and start up when pressing the power buttonSo I need help ASAP.

Any ideas guys?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Fans spinning with no post at all, in my experiance is either

bad/unsupported cpu
bad motherboard
12V for the cpu not in properly.

That board needs bios 1006 or newer to support an fx-6300. Which isn't the release bios and even though it's quite old, I've found mb manafactures can be lazy fucks at times and take forever to start shipping with updated bios, if they ever do.

You don't have another am3 cpu laying around do you? that you could swap out with see if it boots and check bios version.

Last edited by Armadillo,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

WII_GUY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Fans spinning with no post at all, in my experiance is either

bad/unsupported cpu
bad motherboard
12V for the cpu not in properly.

That board needs bios 1006 or newer to support an fx-6300. Which isn't the release bios and even though it's quite old, I've found mb manafactures can be lazy fucks at times and take forever to start shipping with updated bios, if they ever do.

You don't have another am3 cpu laying around do you? that you could swap out with see if it boots and check bios version.
No, I don't have am3 CPUs just lying around, I would use them if I had them XD, but idk what bios it is using, cuz I can't even boot. But how could I upgrade BIOS? Just for the record, PSU is working all right, power is being delivered

WII_GUY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks to all of You for responding, but I got the answer when I discovered no power for the CPU, so I had to split my 8-pin CPU power. Thanks Armadillo!

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zufnIPGYQx8