Hacking Asthetics and fixed size memory aside...

blizeH

OP
Trophies
Website
www.zestdesign.net
XP
Country
How does this compare to an M3? I've got an M3 CF 512MB and I've got to admit it's great, the GBA and NDS compatability is seemingly unrivaled, there are loads of updates and it's incredibly reliable, easy to use etc.

Will I notice any problems if I ditch the M3 adapter and get a G6 Lite?

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I always like to go with if it ain't broke..

smile.gif

If your card is currently doing everything you want it to do, wait a bit and see what happens with the G6 Lite loader/software before you commit to it.

blizeH

OP
Trophies
Website
www.zestdesign.net
XP
Country
That's a good call. The problem is I've got someone who really wants to buy my old DS and M3 from me, and I figured it'd be better to sell it as a bundle than a flashed DS on it's own, there's a lot more worth in selling it in a bundle. Then I figured the G6 Lite fits and looks a lot better (omgz, lame, shallow) into the DS Lite, whereas my huge M3 CF looks more like a handle than anything
tongue.gif

But yeah, it's mostly due to the fact someone wants to buy my old kit off me so it seems like the perfect chance to get something that actually fits into my DS and will make it easier to carry around.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah, the plot thickens!

In that case, based off of my early experience with the G6 Lite, I'd go for it. Especially since you're already using 512MB (which is how much space you get on the G6 Lite) so it's not as if there will be an adjustment period where you have to get used to a smaller amount of space. The M3/G6 team are pretty much one and the same, so the same compatibility, support and speed are to be expected of a kit from either brand.

You could definitely do worse, and hey - it's the same size as the NDS Lite dust cover, and shallow or not, that's definitely a great selling feature after using some of the (*cough*M3*cough*) larger carts out there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?