Homebrew Assistance with no$gba .sav file size??

canigetahoiyaaa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need my .sav files at 512kb for a hack i'm using in a Pokemon Platinum rom (vanilla asides from using the randomizer for custom starters) to get mystery gifts. I've set and saved NDS cartridge backup media to flash 512kb, and changed 'Compressed' to 'Raw'. But whenever I save in game, the .sav file in BATTERY is still 14kb. I'm not a super code savvy person, and i'm new to no$gba so i'm not really sure where to go from here.

If it changes anything, this particular save file was originally a desmume save file that I transferred over to no$gba 'cause desmume ran at 0.5x speed in the overworld but 2x speed in menus and battles (haven't had this problem with no$gba so yeehaw), but i've been playing on it and saving over it for a few hours so I'm sure if this is causing a problem.

However I can't import the save file to desmume to do a quick save and get a 512kb file, because it either doesnt work or starts a new game.

If y'all don't have any advice, are there any hacks, cheats, or programs i can use to get mystery gifts?

canigetahoiyaaa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need my .sav files at 512kb for a hack i'm using in a Pokemon Platinum rom (vanilla asides from using the randomizer for custom starters) to get mystery gifts. I've set and saved NDS cartridge backup media to flash 512kb, and changed 'Compressed' to 'Raw'. But whenever I save in game, the .sav file in BATTERY is still 14kb. I'm not a super code savvy person, and i'm new to no$gba so i'm not really sure where to go from here.

If it changes anything, this particular save file was originally a desmume save file that I transferred over to no$gba 'cause desmume ran at 0.5x speed in the overworld but 2x speed in menus and battles (haven't had this problem with no$gba so yeehaw), but i've been playing on it and saving over it for a few hours so I'm sure if this is causing a problem.

However I can't import the save file to desmume to do a quick save and get a 512kb file, because it either doesnt work or starts a new game.

If y'all don't have any advice, are there any hacks, cheats, or programs i can use to get mystery gifts?

Hmmm it turns out theres a certain way you're supposed to save that no one talks about when changing cartridge backup media and changing .sav files from compressed to raw, I'll post how in case anyone who was as lost as me comes across this.

While in game, go to your BATTERY file, delete that save. Then save the game, and exit out of no$gba, and the new, and correct size, no$gba .sav file should be there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D