Hacking Assistance required on getting started

3DSXLGamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been reading a lot about doing this and just seem to get more confused as I read so just decided to type it hear and wait for suggestions.

Planning to use bootmii to get homebrew and a usb loader ( which not sure yet ) I also want to get dios mios for playing gamecube back ups.

Basically questions are: What format/s should I make my 80 gb hard drive? Which usb loader should I use? ( any differences between them? ) and any up to date guide on getting dios mios on the system.

Thanks!

3DSXLGamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Could I use usb loader gx for both wii and dios mios/gamecube?

and just read somewhere fat32 only supports up to 32 gb, guessing I should partition.

I know for wii I may get .ios' and I need to convert them to .wbfs for them to work on the loader, is there anything like this needed for gamecube?

Thanks for quick response.

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I could use wiiflow for both wii and dios mios?

and just read somewhere fat32 only supports up to 32 gb, guessing I should partition.

I know for wii I may get .ios and I need to convert them to .wbfs for them to work on the loader, is there anything like this needed for gamecube?

Thanks for quick response.

It should support up to 2tb
Use wii game manager to convert ISO
www.wiigm.com

Use discEX to play GameCube games, drag and drop ISO on the exe them drag the created folder to USB:/games
http://dios-mios-lite-source-project.googlecode.com/files/DiscEX-v0.8-cred.rar

3DSXLGamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just used modmii and at the end of it all, it always saying its missing downloads: Multi-Mod Manager (MMM) v13.4: Missing Wilbrand: Missing IOS236 Installer v5 Mod: Missing Priiloader v0.7 (236 LULZ Mod): Missing USB-Loader Forwarder Channel v12: Missing

Tried getting wilbrand by itself and after I enter in mac address and press enter it gives me an error (460) , error downloading wilbrand from dropbox

guessing this is a dropbox issue?

3DSXLGamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm on 4.3, I have used letterbomb before and did not noticed they upgraded it to be used on 4.3. Going to give modmii another shot, was using the modmii skin ( not the coding one ) How should I get everything else if it doesn't go through?

edit: forgot to mention, I don't have any of the games needed for exploits. + modmii failed to download those 5 things again but I have found files for all of them individually except for IOS236 Installer v5 Mod.

BlackWizzard17

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure why you are getting errors, most important thing you need is the hack mii installer make sure you have that.
Try installing ModMii again

3DSXLGamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I went ahead and just got all the missing files separately, right now I successfully have homebrew through letterbomb, doing the backup right now.

Is USB-Loader Forwarder Channel v12 needed for wiiflow? that was the only missing file I did not get.

BlackWizzard17

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went ahead and just got all the missing files separately, right now I successfully have homebrew through letterbomb, doing the backup right now.

Is USB-Loader Forwarder Channel v12 needed for wiiflow? that was the only missing file I did not get.
Not pretty sure how they work but if you have usbloadergx it will most likely load to usbloadergx, there might be a forwarder you can find somewhere on the internet

3DSXLGamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also, while waiting for the backup I went ahead and did the gamecube backup thingy, using discex and got a folder, is that folder what dios mios needs? Not possible to rename it? because I have a feeling when it fills up and I need to move them around I'll lose what is what.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.