Assassin's Creed Valhalla trailer premiere

Today, Ubisoft announced the next installment in the Assassin’s Creed franchise, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, will release worldwide, Holiday 2020 on Xbox Series X, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Stadia, and for Windows PC exclusively on both the Epic Games Store and the Ubisoft Store. The game will also be available on UPLAY+, Ubisoft’s subscription service.

Developed by the team behind Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag and Assassin’s Creed Origins at Ubisoft Montreal, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla invites players to live the saga of Eivor, a fierce Viking raider raised on tales of battle and glory. Offering a captivating Viking experience, the game brings players to a dynamic and beautiful open world set against the brutal backdrop of England’s Dark Ages. In this latest iteration, players can take advantage of new features including raids, growing their settlement, building their power and expanding their influence.

“We can’t wait for players to experience the incredible Viking journey ahead of them,” said Ashraf Ismail, Creative Director of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla. “Being in Eivor’s boots as both a Viking raider and a clan leader, players will face the conflicts of establishing a new home while in the midst of a power struggle for control of England.”

Players will be able to choose to play as either a male or female Eivor, and will have access to customisation tools including the ability to customize hair, tattoos, war paint and gear. Political alliances, combat decisions, and dialogue choices can influence the world of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, so players must choose wisely to protect their clan’s home and future.

Driven from Norway by endless wars and dwindling resources in the ninth century AD, players will lead Eivor’s clan of Norsemen across the icy North Sea to the rich lands of England’s broken kingdoms. Players must carve out a new future for their clan, reliving the ruthless fighting style of Viking warriors with a revamped combat system that includes the ability to dual-wield weapons against a greater variety of enemies than ever before. To secure resources players can lead raids to select locations using their longship to earn much-needed riches and resources. As the Vikings begin to settle in their new home, they encounter resistance from the Saxons including King Aelfred of Wessex, who denounces them as heathens and looks to be the sole ruler of a civilized England. Against all odds, Eivor must do what is necessary to keep Valhalla within reach.

Additionally, the Gold, Ultimate, and Collector’s Editions of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla were announced as well as the Ubicollectibles products:

• The Gold Edition will include the base game and the Season Pass.
  • The Ultimate Edition will include the base game, the Season Pass and the Ultimate Pack giving access to players to exclusive customisation content: the Berserker Gear Pack, the Berserker Settlement Pack, the Berserker Longship Pack, along with a Set of Runes to improve weapons or gears.
  • The Collector’s Edition will include the base game, the Season Pass, the Ultimate Pack, the high-end Ubicollectibles replica of Eivor and her Drakkar (height: 30cm), a Collector’s Case, a Steelbook® with a unique artwork, a numbered certificate of authenticity, a Viking Statuette of Eivor with his raven and Dane axe (height: 5cm), exclusive lithographs as well as a Selected Soundtrack of the game. The Collector’s Edition is available exclusively on the Ubisoft Store.
  • The standalone Ubicollectibles products including the Eivor Wolf-Kissed Figurine and his Hidden Blade Replica.

Fans who pre-order Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will receive at launch an additional mission The Way of the Berserker, in which players will join a legendary Norse Berserker on his quest for revenge.

Finally, fans will be able to step even further into the world of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla with the original novel published by Penguin Random House, available starting now for pre-order.

:arrow:Assassin's Creed Valhalla Official Site

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh HECK YES. I am so excited for this.

...except that I've never enjoyed an Assassin's Creed game as much as I have 2/Brotherhood. I always get excited over a new AC, and then I play it and it's a good game, but it never sparks that fire that 2 did. But freakin', VIKINGS!!!

Reactions: Payne

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Ah, the Viking Age...what a marvelous era for massacre and bloodshed.
It's very hype, but I still won't play it.
Assassin's Creed wasn't the same since Black Flag.

Reactions: Payne

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Guess Vikings are in now. I thought that fad was a few years past but I guess it takes a while to make games or filter down Ubisoft's ranks

Can't wait for the recent God of War - this comparisons.

There is dude in a Roman Pretorian Armor with the englishs around 800 AC ? WHAT ?
I thought we gave up on accuracy a while back.

Anyway was that Praetorian? Looked like a guy in lamellar scale (common enough around the Norman period and known way before it, though chain would probably have been a better choice for all concerned) and a red cloak, whereas Roman stuff would be more laminar (massive wide plates overlapping). Helm was something akin to the Sutton Hoo burial mask (600 CE or so, though carried on for a while) rather than a later great helm (about 1000 which would be pushing timelines) or open faced Roman. Crest might be an anachronism (or at least I would have expected it to be on the Vikings instead) and either too early, or indeed too Roman, but I don't know if it is inexcusable (some of the Carolingian armour has something like it and everybody wants to be like the Romans, even if they are French now).

Reactions: MarkDarkness

Esdeath

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Guess Vikings are in now..
Probably because they can now create decent beards.

Haven't played the last assasins creed games, guess I will give this one a try, looks decent. Hope they don't add so many micro transactions, really bothered me when I saw AC Oddyssey reviews.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Probably because they can now create decent beards.

Haven't played the last assasins creed games, guess I will give this one a try, looks decent. Hope they don't add so many micro transactions, really bothered me when I saw AC Oddyssey reviews.

That guy has a pretty sweet beard and that was the first game. Hair physics has been a thing for even longer.

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Guess Vikings are in now. I thought that fad was a few years past but I guess it takes a while to make games or filter down Ubisoft's ranks

Can't wait for the recent God of War - this comparisons.

I thought we gave up on accuracy a while back.

Anyway was that Praetorian? Looked like a guy in lamellar scale (common enough around the Norman period and known way before it, though chain would probably have been a better choice for all concerned) and a red cloak, whereas Roman stuff would be more laminar (massive wide plates overlapping). Helm was something akin to the Sutton Hoo burial mask (600 CE or so, though carried on for a while) rather than a later great helm (about 1000 which would be pushing timelines) or open faced Roman. Crest might be an anachronism (or at least I would have expected it to be on the Vikings instead) and either too early, or indeed too Roman, but I don't know if it is inexcusable (some of the Carolingian armour has something like it and everybody wants to be like the Romans, even if they are French now).

I was more intrigued than triggered, I don't really care for "religiously follow history accuracy" as long as it's a good story and game, as you pointed yes, the front of the helm is more or less accurate, but why bother to add so much "romanisation" on the overall look and add also the Larp (? i'm not familliar with the english terms for theses) that really give that roman feeling.

He really look like a massive praetorian guard with english armor, that was what i though the first time I saw the trailer "he looks roman af".

Maybe it's part of the story, we'll see, but as i said, i'm not triggered and don't find it inexcusable, just felt like he was out of place.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended