Assassin's Creed Syndicate - London Horizon Trailer released

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by T-hug, Sep 1, 2015.

1. T-hug
    OP

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    image003.png

2. yusuo

yusuo GBAtemp Addict

Oct 19, 2006
    I'm a little dubious about this game, after recently picking up unity and soon after discovering how bad that game is as much as I would love to run around through victorian London I'm going to wait to see the reviews on this game before I buy.
    Shame really, unity was such a gorgeous looking game that was let down heavily by every other aspect of the game itself

3. Hyro-Sama

Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Oct 25, 2009
    After Earth
    Damn. They sure do crank out these games fast. The previous one only just came out in the fall of 2014.

4. BORTZ

BORTZ "Another stunning Van Gogh"

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Oh man, people please stop buying these games. Maybe people will learn after last year's debacle.

Qtis and Maximilious like this.
  5. Maximilious

Maximilious GBAtemp Addict

Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    It's the new money maker for them. Just like there's a new NFS or Call of Duty game every Fall. This series died with me after Revelations.

Vinnymac likes this.
  6. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    Just give people another ACII and we have a winner. Assassin's Creed is not a bad franchise per se and could do well with the yearly/biyearly releases, but the quality is the challenge. I highly doubt that all fans are interested in the latest turns of the franchise. Especially with AC:Unity dipping at $20 and below for the main game :P

7. kingsora831

kingsora831 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 15, 2012
    United States
    NYC in College
    how many treasure chests will this game unnecessarily have this time..
    400? 500?

Honestly, ubi needs to learn less is more sometimes.
    (this applies to npcs as well, Unity was barely playable with all the dips in framerate because it was more important to have a full crowd of people, for the "Atmosphere," than having smooth gameplay.)

Just focus on fixing the tedious combat and haphazard free-running mechanics.

8. Jiehfeng

Jiehfeng A not so serious guy tbh... ;D

Aug 15, 2012
    New Caledonia
    Inside your miiind, and poof.
    The game's open world buildings are taken from Unity and edited to look like London buildings. And the running, climbing and assassination animations are the same as Unity.
    So that explains why the game is coming out too soon and why it should be called Unity 2.

9. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    I actually don't get what was so wrong with Unity. Tech issues at launch aside. They seem to be cleared up, or so it seemed when I played. Not too well optimized for PC, but meh.
    They're getting obnoxious with their Abstergo bullshit stamping on the story, but overall they heavily revamped and improved the mechanics and made the game quite a bit better than previous games. You actually start out pretty weak and slow and clumsy, and eventually grow into the same godly killing machine people are used to in other AC games. Being able to customize how your character plays was a very cool idea. I think that's the only thing people didn't like. They didn't seem to understand you aren't starting out as a heavily trained master assassin, or some murderous killing machine. Arno was just a fairly normal dude until shit hit the fan.

Usually I jump on the hate train for a shitty game, and hell I think I even jumped on it for Unity at launch. Buut I changed my tune after playing it about a month or two ago and it was quite fun and different. It feels way different from other AC games, and I approached things way, way differently because of the mechanical changes.

Ubi needs to learn how to launch a damn game, but overall I think the AC series just got thrown under the "cool to hate" bus and is stuck on the back tires. There's nothing wrong with them, I just would never touch an ubisoft game for the first few months of release.