Assassins Creed Rumored for Egyptian Setting and Slowdown in Yearly Release

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by chavosaur, Jan 5, 2016.

1. chavosaur
    OP

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    AC3_5years_710x390tcm1977449.jpg
    Could Triple A devs finally be feeling the same fatigue us gamers have felt from yearly releases of the same old games every year?

That possibility is looking likely, thanks to some recent leaked information from Kotaku:

The article goes on to suggest this years big Ubisoft title could be replaced with Watch Dogs 2 over the annual Assassins creed, allowing the hunger for the franchise to build up a bit and revitalize some interest while innovating in gameplay and improving the games overall potential.

:arrow: SOURCE

What are your thoughts on this new information? Are you happy we may go a year without an Assassins creed game? Could we see similar action from say, Call of Duty?

2. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    More development time is always better. If it's true, it's a good decision. There was no need to try pound out so many games so quickly and just build infamy from buggy broken messes. Granted, Syndicate seems to have been received fairly well (haven't gotten around to playing it myself).

TheKawaiiDesu, nxwing and leafeon34 like this.
  3. leafeon34

leafeon34 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 30, 2014
    We live in a day and age where there's fuckloads of good games to play. Quality over quantity.

4. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Kotaku be like, "Why do game devs hate us? It's because we does good journalism!"
    I like the idea, kind of sounds like they are bringing it back to it's Prince of Persia roots.

5. Reploid

Reploid GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 20, 2010
    Serbia, Republic of
    Does somebody still cares about this annual moneygrabber?

WhiteMaze likes this.
  6. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    well of course they're tired, they've been for years and we all know it. that industry works understaffed and stressed beyond believe, in addition to being pretty much just one flop away from bankruptcy every time. even completing and delivering a good game doesn't guarantee you stay alive to make more.

i'd much rather think that they slow down assassins creed, cause people are getting tired of it, sales are slowing and they already put too much money into this empires to completely halt the project. so they're slowing it down (and most likely slim down the team too)

Last edited by Clydefrosch, Jan 5, 2016
  7. Jiehfeng

Jiehfeng A Racist

Aug 15, 2012
    Nigeria
    Under your fucking chair.
    It's great they're giving more time to develop, that's always good. Syndicate was basically a Unity 2 and was boring af, for someone who played Unity that is.
    But I don't see how any new AC title could improve upon the best AC games, the series needs something new. (and not just a new maneuvering attack on titan ripoff mechanic, I'm looking at you ropelauncher)

Relevant

Last edited by Jiehfeng, Jan 5, 2016
  8. jumpman17

jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

Former Staff
    Apr 11, 2003
    United States
    I always play them every year and do every last thing in the game. I enjoy them, but after ac3, they just abandoned their modern day story line. Oh crap, did we write ourselves into a corner? Let's just never ever speak of any of this ever again.

Also, isn't Egypt rumored like, every single year? Eventually it has to be right.

9. dimmidice

dimmidice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 12, 2009
    Belgium
    eh i'm not interested unless it features naval combat to be honest.

10. T-hug

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    I'm the same I've platted the last 3 in a row despite not really being into the series lol.
    I'd like Japan, please give us Japan with awesome new combat engine.
    Could have naval too, like Red Cliff!

11. AaronUzumaki

AaronUzumaki A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon

Feb 8, 2009
    United States
    Akron, Ohio
    I'm still waiting for feudal Japan, which seems like the most obvious setting, before I get back on board. I stopped caring when they killed off their main character without resolving anything.

VinsCool likes this.
  12. bitjacker

bitjacker GBAtemp Disorderly

Jan 23, 2014
    United States
    I long for an assassins creed game that I cannot beat in 2 sittings.

13. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    I only played Black Flag, and loved it. It was my first Assassin Creed game. After that, I tried the Murrikan Assassin Creed, and got bored with it after a few hours, and uninstalled it.

After that, Watch Dogs came out, and I was pretty hyped, so I pirated the PC version, it ran like ass. So, I uninstalled it like an hour later.

14. dimmidice

dimmidice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 12, 2009
    Belgium
    that's pretty much exactly my experience with it too. black flag is just so amazing. the next game "rogue" is like black flag but smaller/shorter.

15. DinohScene

DinohScene Dino May Fire

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    More storyline, less stupid and pointless sidequests?

Please yes!

16. WhiteMaze

WhiteMaze GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 16, 2013
    Money's Creed: Re-used Flag

Last edited by WhiteMaze, Jan 7, 2016