Gaming Assassin's Creed PC Minimum Specs...

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
In order to play this game properly, your PC MUST meet or exceed these minimum requirements:

Supported OS: Windows XP / Vista (only)
Processor: Dual core processor 2.6 GHz Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ or better recommended)
RAM: 2 GB (3 GB recommended)
Video Card: 256 MB DirectX 10.0–compliant video card or DirectX 9.0–compliant card with Shader Model 3.0 or higher (512 MB video card recommended) (see supported list)*
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0 or 10.0 compliant sound card (5.1 sound card recommended)
DirectX Version: DirectX 10.0 libraries (included on disc)
DVD-ROM: DVD-ROM dual-layer drive
Hard Drive Space: 12 GB
Peripherals Supported: Keyboard, mouse, optional controller (Xbox 360 Controller for Windows recommended)

*Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:
ATI RADEON X1300-1950 / HD 2000 / 3000 series
NVIDIA GeForce 6600-6800 / 7 / 8 / 9 series

Laptop versions of these cards may work but are NOT supported. These chipsets are the only ones that will run this game.

NOTICE: This game contains technology intended to prevent copying that may conflict with some disc and virtual drives.

http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ubisof...li=&p_topview=1

All I can say is ouch? These specs are gonna put my new rig to the test...

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yay, shouldn't be a problem. Now if they would just stop delaying it.

EDIT: It comes out March 25th now BTW.

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Good thing I upgraded my rig, I pass all the minimum requirements.
biggrin.gif

Pulse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In north america it will be out on march 25th...can't wait that long lol
but EU release is Feb 1st =]

BBF12345

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Didn't Stranglehold have similarly outlandish minimum requirements? That ran fine on my rig, even though I was sure my PC couldn't take it.

That's why I can't trust those pre-release min requirements anymore. :/ Gotta try it out for myself.
smile.gif

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Already got the game for the 360. It's great but little to make you come back after you've completed it. Well worth a play though though, some of the best graphics and combat I've seen.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I may have to OC my processor but it is a core2 so that should not be a problem.

3 gigs suggested RAM however, hopefully the gig of video memory I have can offset some of that.

I never know if I can trust specs these days though, saying that in all the years I have been gaming on the PC I have encountered all of 2 that were any good and everyones current favourite on the spec front of crysis ran fine on medium to high settings despite me being led to believe I would get a slideshow.

12 gigs of hd, hopefully some more of those mini ISOs I have been using lately come to be (I do not use discs even for games I buy).

Good to see games not enforcing DX10 yet too.

edit: overuse of the word though.

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
That's exactly the reason I stopped using the computer as a gaming platform. Way too many problems, way too expensive. I'm on 360 now and couldn't be a happier gamer.
biggrin.gif

EDIT: I don't want to stray completely offtopic - I wonder how the game will work using mouse & keyboard. I suppose the best solution will be to use a gamepad (at least that's what I did with Prince of Persia - keyboard was horrible).

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Got everything but the damn CPU. >_>
My Bro can play this extrem well probably seeing as his CPU and other specs are at the recommended level.
Means I'm going to buy the 360 version and my bro buys the PC version.
wacko.gif

@Ben_j
Ouch!
A 8500GT and such a powerfull cpu!
The 8500GT is nowhere a good card for newer games, but AC will probably run on middle settings for you so it's ok. (Or better , if they made some optimisation to the game's engine.
biggrin.gif
)

Ben_j

Trophies
Website
www.nintendo-gamers.net
XP
Country
France
Well it was cheap, and I do not play a lot of games on PC. It runs Bioshock with almost everything at full but it's a bit sloppy and inaccurate. I might change it for something better though. And a fanless card is silent, but it's no good for the PC as it's really hot...

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Got everything but the damn CPU. >_>
My Bro can play this extrem well probably seeing as his CPU and other specs are at the recommended level.
Means I'm going to buy the 360 version and my bro buys the PC version.Â
wacko.gif

@Ben_j
Ouch!
A 8500GT and such a powerfull cpu!
The 8500GT is nowhere a good card for newer games, but AC will probably run on middle settings for you so it's ok. (Or better , if they made some optimisation to the game's engine.
biggrin.gif
)

The 8500GT isn't a CPU. It's a GPU. A Bad one too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i always pee in the water