Assassin's Creed IV Wii U in between current/next-gen, PC/WiiU delayed till Nov. 22 in Europe

• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 2,546
  • Replies 21
D

Deleted_171835

OP
630x.jpg

Sitting down with Assassin’s Creed Producer Martin Schelling, and lead game designer Jean-Sebastien Decant, they revealed to Expansive that the Wii U version will exceed its current gen counter parts visually, he also confirmed that the AC:IV companion app will be fully compatible with the Wii U version of the game.

‘It will be I think, in between the current gen and next gen consoles. We could have had some of the tools from the companion on the second screen, but because the companion app will be available with Wii U too we didn’t include them.’

When asked about performance compared to Assassin's Creed 3 on the Wii U, he said,

"I’m happy you are asking the question, the team worked really hard during the last month to increase the performances on the Wii U version… and one of those points was the crowded battle scenes. So the quick answer is, yes we have worked to improve this on Black Flag.

...The Wii U architecture poses some technical challenges that we’ve been able to thankfully overcome. It hasn’t been easy, but we’re really proud of the final result on this console.
http://expansivedlc.com/assassins-creed-iv-wii-u-visually-current-next-gen-works-companion-app/

It's not all good news for Wii U owners in the UK though, the game has been delayed in Europe to November 22nd instead of the October 29th release date of the PS3/360 versions. That includes the PC version because well this is Ubisoft.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/09/...c-release-date-revealed-wii-u-version-delayed

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, basically, it's going to be the game equivalent of the gangly, awkward middle child. Not as adored as the younger sibling and not as accomplished as the older ones, it's just sorta there... existing.

Hell, there's a perfect tagline for marketing. The Wii U: It's Just Sorta There.

Call me, Nintendo. Let's make it happen.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hell, there's a perfect tagline for marketing. The Wii U: It's Just Sorta There.

Call me, Nintendo. Let's make it happen.
What's with the second screen, guys? Why are you barely using it? Well...it's just sorta there.
So how's about them third party support? It's sorta there.
What's keeping all the good nintendo first party line-up, then? Yeah...it's there. Sorta.

Yup. I could see this work as a meme instantly... :P

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Who cares? The game is going to look good anyways.

But even then, it's Assassin's Creed... people shouldn't care about this franchise anymore.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: Wait, I thought Ubisoft wasn't going to have anything else to do with Nintendo? Did they mean after they released this game or do they plan to release 3 more games for them and then abandon them?
Not news. Ubisoft said the same damn thing for Watch_Dogs and was pretty freaking obvious anyway

I was going to say something was similar to this statement; thanks for clarifying it.

D

Dork

OP
they revealed to Expansive that the Wii U version will exceed its current gen counter parts visually
So it's next gen? What's with all this "in-between" gen nonsense?

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: Wait, I thought Ubisoft wasn't going to have anything else to do with Nintendo? Did they mean after they released this game or do they plan to release 3 more games for them and then abandon them?
They are done with exclusives until the Wii U sales get better.
Edit: Wow. I said this exact same comment in the Watch Dogs thread. :P

Reactions: calmwaters

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it's next gen? What's with all this "in-between" gen nonsense?

They're trying to kill the Wii U by saying it's not as powerful as the Xbone and the PS4. And thus, is not part of this next generation of consoles. It's kind of like saying that the Wii was the in between console during the Playstation 2/Xbox 360 years.
They are done with exclusives until the Wii U sales get better.

Edit: Wow. I said this exact same comment in the Watch Dogs thread. :P

Well I didn't copy your comment from there and paste it in here. :)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
"The Wii U architecture poses some technical challenges that we’ve been able to thankfully overcome. It hasn’t been easy, but we’re really proud of the final result on this console. (...) I mean, it took at least... 2 hours for our professionally-trained cleaning staff and interns to draw minimaps for the touchscreen*."

*Master_Trole_2013 B-)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're trying to kill the Wii U by saying it's not as powerful as the Xbone and the PS4. And thus, is not part of this next generation of consoles. It's kind of like saying that the Wii was the in between console during the Playstation 2/Xbox 360 years.

I'm not sure "trying to kill" is the correct term when what what they're stating is absolutely true.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm not sure "trying to kill" is the correct term when what what they're stating is absolutely true.

No, no, no, Guild - developers are not supposed to talk about the difficulties they face when developing games. They should only focus on what went "right".*

*When it comes to Nintendo systems. Every other system can be openly scrutinized and criticized, that's the GBATemp way. :yay:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended