Assassin's Creed IV or Splinter Cell, which is better?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by reax_mpg, Aug 26, 2014.

1. reax_mpg
    OP

reax_mpg Member

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hi there,

I'm thinking of buying ACIV: Black Flag (is on sale on the eShop and it costs only 15€) or Splinter Cell, which only costs 12€ on Amazon.

Which do you guys think is better? I've never played any AC game nor any Splinter Cell before, but I've heard Splinter Cell style it's cool and that ACIV it's kind of repetitive, don't know if it's true.

2. Triumph627

Triumph627 All sweet & honeycomb

Newcomer
    May 21, 2013
    United States
    The Comatorium
    I have both. That being said, I love the AC series and I love AC4! Being a pirate and exploring the Caribbean (massive mostly open world) is awesome. I enjoy exploring and getting all of the collectibles and side missions. Splinter cell is also fun, but I haven't played it as much as AC4. It comes down to what you want to play: a stealth-based modern military force game, or a 17th century pirate adventure. Out of the two, my vote is for AC4.

3. reax_mpg
    OP

reax_mpg Member

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2013

Thank you for your help! I finally got AC4 and I'll try this afternoon, can't wait!

4. matt1tude

matt1tude GBAtemp Regular

May 16, 2012
    Crewe, UK
    Shame, I also have both and I'd have chosen Splinter Cell. it is so much fun having 3 ways to play the game, you can go through all stealth, with no kills and no alerts, you can go panther, kills but no alerts or all out war each style is so much fun. Then there's the online mode, the co op mode is awesome. You and another person online play through certain missions. The story is entertaining and engaging

5. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    I'd go for Splinter Cell but the loading times are really long, Fisher's no longer with his original voice (by Mr. Ironside) and the stealthness isn't as good as it was on Chaos Theory.

I like to think that Fisher had a son and this was his first game thus far hence the vocal change.