Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag to get exclusive PS4 features.

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by ComeTurismO, Mar 4, 2013.

1. ComeTurismO
    OP

Member ComeTurismO CTO

Canada
    STORY:

Ubisoft says the PS4 version of the game will be the best one to play. According to the creative director, he says that it'll be normal like the PS3, and the Xbox, but - "we will also use some other features we will talk more about throughout the year. There will be functioning for the DualShock touchscreen (on the PS4 remote), and that has been confirmed from a Ubisoft representative. The PS3 version will give +60 minutes of exclusive content for AC4, and also for the PS4.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________
    MY COMMENTS:
    To be honest, I am surprised. The PS4 is getting so much love since it's the new generation of gaming. I'm sure that these exclusive features will come for the Xbox 720 too (which is rumored to be announced in April). I'm excited and hyped for the PS4 to come, but also for AC4. I'm a big fan of the series.

:arrow: GameSpot (SOURCE)

2. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    It says it right on the damn box.

Also ACIII got Benedict Arnold for the PS3 exclusively last time I checked, no big surprise here.

3. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Wasn't the Mayan Exploration temple or something exclusive as well? Or did that come out as paid DLC for Xbox?

Anyways, I posted a comment on Kotaku, on what needs fixing:

spoilers for tl;dr

Warning: Spoilers inside!

4. Guild McCommunist

United States
    What needs fixing:

• No fucking pirates
    • No fucking Animus
    • No fucking Altair's line of descendants
    I enjoyed naval combat in Assassin's Creed III but it served as a nice side distraction. It wasn't something I wanted at the core of an assassin game but it was fun. If the game was Sid Meier's Pirates I may say otherwise. But it's like the tower defense minigame in Revelations. It was fine on its own (some people didn't like it but I enjoyed it) but I don't want a whole fucking game based on tower defense.

The Animus and Desmond have always been a recurring issue with the franchise. Its what limited every game from being really fantastic. It takes a small scope story (something that's absolutely fine to have) and stretches it into a large frame. At its core, Assassin's Creed II was just a revenge plot. Ezio is wronged and he seeks revenge. He's not looking to save the world, but they shoehorn in the "Oh you'll also save the world while you're at it" approach to, I dunno, make the game more modern? In an attempt to try and justify changing time periods when justification was never needed?

Plus Desmond's line while always be stuck as generic white males. That means you can't really explore the unique cultures elsewhere. I'd love Assassin's Creed games in Asia. Feudal Japan for instance. Desmond in general is a terrible character as well, he's so bland in contrast to his ancestors who at least have motivations, traits, and character. Desmond just kinda sits there and goes "okay ill do that". You don't give a shit about him.

I do feel now that the franchise has reached its point where it's just running dry on ideas. Now it just needs a game to do badly so it'll force a reboot. Hopefully this will be it. Although I'd really enjoy a Caveman's Creed.

Gahars likes this.
  5. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    MASTER GUILD PLAN HAVE BEEN MADE
    DES-ROCK MILES-TONE DUN RUBBED TIGER URINE ON SELF SO OTHER HUNTER NOT SMELL DESROCK BEFOAR DESROCK HIT HEAD WIF CLUB
    HIM GET HIT HEAD HIM DIE
    PLAN MAKE HAPPY
    MANY PERRTY CAVEWIMMENZ SHALL HAVE DESROCK IF GUILD KNOW WHAT DESROCK TALK STUFF FOR

Maxternal and Qtis like this.
  6. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Fuck yeah another game with 6 hours worth of tutorial!

7. Guild McCommunist

United States
    >hunter-gatherer
    >berrypicker as fuck
    >caveman throws rock at lady
    >rock kill lady
    >caveman mad
    >caveman fashion rock into sharp object
    >tie sharp rock to wrist
    >learn rock climb
    >jump off rocks onto people
    >berries fall out of lioncloth

Gahars likes this.
  8. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    [​IMG]

Couldn't find a matching font.

Hyro-Sama, emigre, ferofax and 3 others like this.
  9. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    Sony's really going out of its way to court developers with the PS4, which is positive.

Assassin's Creed IV looks like it's going to put the "ass" in "assassin" twice over, which isn't.

So I'd say it's a wash overall.

10. McHaggis

Member McHaggis Fackin' Troller

United Kingdom
    Or Arse-arse-in's Creed if you live here in (currently) Sunny Old England.

At least most of us here share some common ground with Edward. ARR!

11. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    If Sony was canadian, they would be saying "We're sorry."

12. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    #PS4MASTERRACE

13. B-Blue

Member B-Blue im a slut

Same thing with Brotherhood and Revelations on PS3. They both had exclusive content so I don't see what's the big deal here.

14. DSGamer64

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    I wonder how long before Microsoft throws in the whole "you can't release multiplatform games on our system unless they are the same as the other versions" card at Ubisoft, kinda like what they did to Rayman Legends.

Seriously though, console games need to have exclusive content, it's boring if multiplatform games are all the same. Giving people a reason to buy one platform over the other is needed, otherwise gaming is just going to continue to stagnate like it has for console sales.

ComeTurismO likes this.
  15. ForteGospel

Member ForteGospel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    dunno if they already done it because I have only played 1 and 2 but...

maybe an AC talking about how a bunch of drunks founded the creed?

A plot like they founded the creed to gain reputation and wealth by assassinating key peoples. So the ruling "government" (for the lack of a word) created the templars to defend themselves... after a while the creed finds out the templars' plan about ruling the world and see their wrongs.

16. Qtis

Member Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Antarctica
    Has anyone actually confirmed the reason to be Microsoft instead of just releasing all 3 versions at the same time? It's just a part of the dev agreement someone found out when they started digging. Just saying..
    This I can agree with, though I don't see it as a necessity. I've bought most games for the consoles because I can't be bothered with getting a good updated computer :P

17. VLinh

Member VLinh GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    How many assassin creed's are there gonna be? I guess it must be doing really well in sales but to me I thought some people would be tired of it by now to be honest :wink:

18. ov3rkill

Member ov3rkill GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Why can't we fast forward in the present instead? They can just make the past Assassins as spin-off or something. Let's just move on with the story or the main plot at least.

19. Qtis

Member Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Antarctica
    Well considering it's a pretty successful series, who know? We have Call of Duty (I don't want to start counting), Final Fantasy (Main series + spinoffs), Super Mario Bros (lets not get into specific games like Mario Kart!), Donkey Kong, Tomb Raider, etc. If it works, it'll sell. If it sells, we'll see more.

The tipping point is an interesting question, but I won't go into that (tipping point = series going from good to average/bad)

20. DSGamer64

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    Well, the only reason that is valid for a game that was finished being delayed was because it was getting ported to other platforms, and since there is not going to be extra content in any version of the game, it's pretty simple to deduce that Microsoft's development agreement is the reason why the game had to be delayed. For a developer, I can understand that they wanted to maximize the profits of the game, but I don't think pissing off thousands of people was a wise idea either. You kinda have to pick your battles as a developer I suppose, but giving certain platforms special features really can entice players to buy one system over another.

We don't try and call it the console wars for nothing, it just seems really asinine and irrelevant to have 3 platforms by different manufacturers, two of which are offering traditional gameplay over alternate control styles, but all 3 are getting effectively the exact same games all at the same time aside from one that has different controls. Exclusive games are pretty much non existent unless you are a Nintendo fanboy, even Sony's ability to pump out first party titles has diminished greatly over the years (probably a good thing, rehashing games every year is boring as hell!) and I don't think that Microsoft's next generation system is going to do as well sales wise as the 360 has because it relies too heavily on one single first party franchise to sell systems and then a whole whack of 3rd party titles to keep moving some units. While Nintendo's own 1st party development has slowed greatly too, they also have a massive amount of studios and teams working on parts of their projects at any given time regardless of what system they are making a game for, and that in itself can be an advantage for the Wii U. Their willingness to try new franchises or revitalize old one's is also what keeps people interested, Sony and Microsoft really don't take those risks.