Assassin's Creed III Remastered shows Switch version on Ubisoft's official website

BqkPpWu.png

Another Switch port might have been accidentally leaked, following the Spyro Switch version goof up earlier. Ubisoft previously announced Assassin's Creed III Remastered, a retreading of the 2012 game, with new graphics and redone gameplay elements. Originally, the game was slated for a March 29th standalone release, for PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. With no mention of a Nintendo Switch version, it was assumed that prior rumors claiming it would launch on Nintendo's system were debunked, at least, until today. Upon logging into Ubisoft's site and viewing the store page for Assassin's Creed III Remastered, users could see the listing specifically mention a Nintendo Switch version of the game, set to launch on the same day as other platforms. While no official announcement has been made yet, it seems highly likely that it'll be headed to the Switch somewhat soon. Assassin's Creed III initially launched in 2012, for PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Wii U.

:arrow: Source

KyleHyde

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I hope this eventually leads to more AC ports for the Switch. (Still wish Odyssey wasn't a cloud game though, ugh...)
I've yet to play Liberation and anything past Rogue, but I'd buy Black Flag again in a heartbeat just for the portability.

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
AC3 is considered the weakest one in the series. They should have remastered AC:Liberation instead (or as well, and packaged them together).

KyleHyde

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
AC3 is considered the weakest one in the series. They should have remastered AC:Liberation instead (or as well, and packaged them together).
I faintly recall an article somewhere that mentioned both AC3 and Liberation were to be packaged together (as Assassin's Creed III: Liberation Collection), but I think it was just a rumor. It would be nice if it were true though.

spkuja

Trophies
Website
www.glaciergaming.co.uk
XP
Country

Storywise it was pretty bad, but from a technical aspect, it was a vast improvement from the previous instalments. It's a shame that Connor was just so bland.

Reactions: Tony_93

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switch version likely a ps3/360 port while the ps4/xbx1 get a so called remaster.

Ubi must be running out of ideas if they plan to keep porting its older titles.

Reactions: THYPLEX

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I faintly recall an article somewhere that mentioned both AC3 and Liberation were to be packaged together (as Assassin's Creed III: Liberation Collection), but I think it was just a rumor. It would be nice if it were true though.
I'm not sure if the Switch version will be the same, but the trailer I watched for this said it would include Liberation.

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
As much as people found the original Assassins Creed meh, I wish that it would get a remaster as well.

I really enjoyed it when I played it on PC back in the day and I would love to see it brought to the current gen with trophy/achievement support so that people can play the entire franchise.

I imagine it would be jarring to start with ACII because it doesn't really explain why we should care about Desmond or anything that's going on.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switch version likely a ps3/360 port while the ps4/xbx1 get a so called remaster.

Ubi must be running out of ideas if they plan to keep porting its older titles.

I understand where you're coming from, but I'm not complaining about more games for the Switch. It's about as crazy as people asking for PC ports at this point, except at least I can take the Switch with me!

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
nintendo already had assasins credd 3 and 4 on wiiu, they could port the games that didnt release on wiiu imo.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its so awesome and shit except I don't plan to play that game doing the same shit for a houndred hours all over again, plz bring new games...

RES2 remake was one of the best and Capcom didnt brought it GRRRRRrrrrr F*...

Last edited by guily6669,

HelpTheWretched

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Whatever system it lands on, I hope they fix the post-story "Pivot" mission. When I played ACIII a few months ago I was one of the unlucky players who got trolled and was never able to 100% it.

The game was also buggy as hell but I think much of that had to do being the first outing of their new AnvilNext engine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.