Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PkVIm.jpg

Earlier, it was rumored that Assassin's Creed III would be coming to the Vita. However, recent reports now say that an Assassin's Creed III spin-off, titled Liberation, will be coming instead.

Most interesting about this game is that it features a new character, and the first main female character in Assassin's Creed. Her name is Aveline, and she is of French-African origin. The game will also take place in New Orleans at the same time as Assassin's Creed III and she will eventually cross paths with Desmond's latest ancestor, Connor. Her mentor is also apparently an escaped slave, hence the name "Liberation".

It will also have multiplayer and the title is apparently under development by Ubisoft Sofia, who most recently made Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars for the 3DS.

More info will apparently be in next month's edition of Game Informer and the game is set for release the same day as Assassins' Creed III.

:arrow: Source

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, this actually looks like a full fledged AC game and not something like Bloodlines. Gotta get me a vita.

Well, Bloodlines played like a "full fledged AC game" but it was just poorly designed. You could still parkour and assassinate and stuff, but they put so much focus on the bad aspects of Asscreed (my awesome abbreviation for the franchise) like combat that the game ended up being pretty mediocre.

I heard pretty good things about Shadow Wars although it's not anything like Assassin's Creed. Still I expect this to have some good care put into it. Multiplayer and having a completely original and independent story (no more shoving old protagonists into new games) do make this look promising.

I'm really looking forward to it, I hope Ubisoft show off a trailer during their conference.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This seems pretty interesting, can't wait for the next GI. I love that they're adding more protagonist characters, now the fans will be even more divided between their characters and we won't hear "Ezio this" and "Ezio that" all the time.

Though I was just talking to my friend yesterday about the two E3 conferences we always tend to forget about (because they're so forgettable, usually), EA and Ubisoft, joking about how they'd have to stretch out coverage of Assassin's Creed 3 since anything not made by Singapore or Montreal usually isn't that good (as of late), but this could change that.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Wow, this actually looks like a full fledged AC game and not something like Bloodlines. Gotta get me a vita.

Well, Bloodlines played like a "full fledged AC game" but it was just poorly designed. You could still parkour and assassinate and stuff, but they put so much focus on the bad aspects of Asscreed (my awesome abbreviation for the franchise) like combat that the game ended up being pretty mediocre.

I heard pretty good things about Shadow Wars although it's not anything like Assassin's Creed. Still I expect this to have some good care put into it. Multiplayer and having a completely original and independent story (no more shoving old protagonists into new games) do make this look promising.

I'm really looking forward to it, I hope Ubisoft show off a trailer during their conference.
Imo Bloodlines was interesting for the story. We learned about Altair's spouse and the Codexes which played a big part in AC2. The controls were a turn off though.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Wow, now this is how the Vita can get more sales! If done well, this is a very important and big title that can really convince the general public.
Assassins Creed series is rapidly becoming one of my favourite series out there.

Reactions: 3 people

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Though I was just talking to my friend yesterday about the two E3 conferences we always tend to forget about (because they're so forgettable, usually), EA and Ubisoft, joking about how they'd have to stretch out coverage of Assassin's Creed 3 since anything not made by Singapore or Montreal usually isn't that good (as of late), but this could change that.

Ubisoft Paris is also pretty noteworthy, they did XIII, King Kong, Red Steel 2, and Ghost Recon..

Also Ubisoft Montpellier who did Rayman Origins, Rabbids Go Home, and From Dust. Also the first Raving Rabbids game if that counts.

Reactions: 1 person

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ubisoft Paris is also pretty noteworthy, they did XIII, King Kong, Red Steel 2, and Ghost Recon..

Also Ubisoft Montpellier who did Rayman Origins, Rabbids Go Home, and From Dust. Also the first Raving Rabbids game if that counts.
Oh, really? Never mind then, I guess it's just the games that Ubisoft publishes that aren't good (though I can't say I liked Rabbids Go Home, the first Rabbids was fun, though).

D

Deleted_171835

I would be wary of this considering it's being made by Ubisoft Sofia. Their past work has been, well questionable.
  • Mac port of Rayman Raving Rabbids
  • Tech work (not design work) on TC's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars
  • Chessmaster DS
  • PS3 Port of Prince of Persia Classic
  • Xbox 360 port of CSI 3 Dimensions of Murder
But it doesn't look too bad. Hopefully it turns out good.

rehevkor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'd like to get excited about this and consider is another reason to get a Vita. But I got excited about the 3DS AC game and look how that turned out.

Bloodlines was a bit of a let down but it was still quite fun having fairly faithful AC1 game play on a handheld. Even if it did emphasise AC1's flaws.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to get excited about this and consider is another reason to get a Vita. But I got excited about the 3DS AC game and look how that turned out.

Bloodlines was a bit of a let down but it was still quite fun having fairly faithful AC1 game play on a handheld. Even if it did emphasise AC1's flaws.

Assassin's Creed 3DS wasn't even announced outside of it being an Assassin's Creed game on the 3DS and it was cut because everything it was bringing story wise was absorbed into Revelations.

The odds of this getting cancelled are incredibly slim.

EDIT: But I really hope the assassin building thing from Brotherhood/Revelations comes back. I could see them doing some neat social/sorta multiplayer things with it and the 3G. Like trade assassins and share builds or have little assassin wars.

In general I hope it's more designed like Brotherhood and Revelations so they always had some nice content that could easily be adapted to pick-up-and-play. Like add some more mini-games and side questy stuff and it'll be a pretty beefy title.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, now this is how the Vita can get more sales! If done well, this is a very important and big title that can really convince the general public.
Assassins Creed series is rapidly becoming one of my favourite series out there.
Sales that the Vita should have had to begin with. It's a great system, people just need to open their eyes and try it out. It pisses me off the way it's been treated since launch, and despite it's good library, it takes an AC title, apart from all of the other games on the system, to give it sales (if it happens, and hopefully it does. If not, there's always CoD, but I'd be pretty ashamed if that were to be its big seller).

Reactions: 1 person

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Assassin's Creed 3DS wasn't even announced outside of it being an Assassin's Creed game on the 3DS and it was cut because everything it was bringing story wise was absorbed into Revelations.

The odds of this getting cancelled are incredibly slim.
It was announced officially, heck it was it even titled Lost Legacy. All the plot and ideas of the game went to revelations instead.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It was announced officially, heck it was it even titled Lost Legacy. All the plot and ideas of the game went to revelations instead.

I misspoke, I meant "revealed". It was titled and some general stuff was thrown out but not a reveal like this.
Sure, anyways like you said there's a very slim chance of this being canned.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That... looks pretty awesome, actually.

Is she an ancestor of Desmond, though? If so, that's going to be awkward...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu