Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Big thanks to retrogamefan, dante99 and 2ch for making this possible.

Download the modified infolib files here: http://www.mediafire.com/?zwmn5mm2koz
Then extract them to your TTMenu folder.

These files are the SAME EXACT FILES you will get from 2ch's 2009/12/01 infolib file but includes an updated r4patch.dat taken from dante99's post.
I compared the modified ttpatch.dat from dante99's post to the original ttpatch.dat from the unofficial 1.17a07 and applied the changes to the r4patch.dat from my compiled YSMenu.

:yayds: Enjoy! :yayds:

warior

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
twiztidsinz said:
Big thanks to retrogamefan, dante99 and 2ch for making this possible.

Download the modified infolib files here: http://www.mediafire.com/?zwmn5mm2koz

These files are the SAME EXACT FILES you will get from 2ch's 2009/12/01 infolib file but includes an updated r4patch.dat taken from dante99's post.
I compared the modified ttpatch.dat from dante99's post to the original ttpatch.dat from the unofficial 1.17a07 and applied the changes to the r4patch.dat from my compiled YSMenu.

yaynds.gif
Enjoy!
yaynds.gif

old news, there is a patch that makes game to work perfectly on r4 fw v1.18 - here

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
warior said:
old news, there is a patch that makes game to work perfectly on r4 fw v1.18 - here
Hey! Thanks for NOT bothering to read.

First off, this is for YSMenu on the R4, not the official firmware of the R4 which the patch fixes. The patch does NOTHING for people using YSMenu.

Second, I know of the fix for the official firmware, and even said it in the description. But the official firmware is VERY outdated and has shitty compatibility for newer games like Mario & Luigi: Bowsers Inside Story, the new Pokemon games and practically ANY popular/big name game made in the last 6 months... if not longer. Not to mention a significant limit on codes that can be read from the cheat database.
To overcome all of those points, many people use YSMenu which is currently updated via DSTT firmware and can read the large code databases.

warior

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
twiztidsinz said:
warior said:
Hey! Thanks for NOT bothering to read.

First off, this is for YSMenu on the R4, not the official firmware of the R4 which the patch fixes. The patch does NOTHING for people using YSMenu.

Second, I know of the fix for the official firmware, and even said it in the description. But the official firmware is VERY outdated and has shitty compatibility for newer games like Mario & Luigi: Bowsers Inside Story, the new Pokemon games and practically ANY popular/big name game made in the last 6 months... if not longer. Not to mention a significant limit on codes that can be read from the cheat database.
To overcome all of those points, many people use YSMenu which is currently updated via DSTT firmware and can read the large code databases.

sorry, didn't read description.

about ysmenu and old fw - prefer to use them both - in most cases this solves 99 % problems with recent games, and besides that fw 1.18 at least have working soft-reset function.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot for this Twiztidsinz and to those who made those possible - many thanks. I got a white screen when trying to load Assassin's Creed, but I know what was the problem. It's maybe because I got the Game patched from the patch for the R4 v 1.18, or maybe it's because of my SAV file. Don't know. Going to try it out. Again, thanks a lot for this!
biggrin.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am r4ymond said:
Thanks a lot for this Twiztidsinz and to those who made those possible - many thanks. I got a white screen when trying to load Assassin's Creed, but I know what was the problem. It's maybe because I got the Game patched from the patch for the R4 v 1.18, or maybe it's because of my SAV file. Don't know. Going to try it out. Again, thanks a lot for this!
biggrin.gif
I think the patch is why you can't play.
I'm half way done with ACII now and haven't had a problem.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Exbaddude said:
Will This Firmware Still Work With M & L: BiS?
According to the release at 2ch, it should work with everything up to: 4503 - Petz - Nursery (E)
I have verified that M&L:BiS is able to select save files and get into the opening movie.
Since I haven't played the game myself (still slowly working on M&L:PiT), I haven't gone further than that.

The following don't have compatibility yet, but may work:
  • 4504 - The Princess and the Frog (E)
  • 4505 - Smart Boy's Gameroom 2 (U)
  • 4506 - The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (U)
  • 4507 - TouchMaster 3 (E)
  • 4508 - James Cameron's Avatar: The Game (U)
  • 4509 - Horrid Henry - Missions of Mischief (E)
However, I do know that it works with 4506 - The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (U), but you need the patch to show the train controls.

im_ballin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
after downloading this patch, is there a specific place to download the actual game?
after the game and this patch is downloaded, what do i do?
thanx

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
im_ballin said:
after downloading this patch, is there a specific place to download the actual game?Don't ask for ROMs here...
QUOTE(im_ballin @ Dec 6 2009, 04:35 PM) after the game and this patch is downloaded, what do i do?
This isn't a patch, it's updated files. Extract them to your TTMenu folder.
If you aren't using YSMenu, find the patch that is in another topic.

jerbz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
not a big issue but the game icon doesnt come up on my menu?
anyway to fix that?
nonetheless
the game works so thanks to whoever got it to
and thanks to twiztidsinz for putting it out there..

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jerbz said:
not a big issue but the game icon doesnt come up on my menu?
anyway to fix that?
nonetheless
the game works so thanks to whoever got it to
and thanks to twiztidsinz for putting it out there..
Odd that it doesn't show... it shows on mine just fine.
As far as I know, nothing in the updated files would change displaying the icon.
infolib.dat is for making the game load faster.
extinfo.dat is for bypassing some AP.
savlib.dat is for alternate save sizes.
r4patch.dat I'm not sure about, DLDI possibly?

jerbz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
please mods remove my last post.
but to twiztidsinz
im not sure how to check my DLDI
and i noticed it shows up on the ysmenu firmware
but it doesnt show up on my moonshell 2

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Most cards will auto-patch the DLDI info as needed, so you don't have to worry about that.

As for the icon not showing up in Moonshell... I'm not sure on that.
I couldn't get Moonshell2 to load commercial games for me.

im_ballin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so basically after i download the game, i just extract this file to ttmenu? where do i extract the actual game?
srry if the questions are stupid but im a noob at this
thanx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im_ballin said:
so basically after i download the game, i just extract this file to ttmenu? where do i extract the actual game?
srry if the questions are stupid but im a noob at this
thanx

Extract the game to the Root of your Flash Card? Or you can make a "Games" folder at the root of your flash card and extract games there.

Instructions

1) Download the YSMenu fix from Twiztidsinz's link.
2) Move/Extract all the files to the TTMenu folder (the files include - infolib.dat, extinfo.dat, and savlib.dat)
3) Get a CLEAN Assassin's Creed II Rom and move it to where ever you usually put games.
4) Enjoy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ab8GtuPdrUQ