Assassin's Creed director comments on "gameplay" trailer, says fans rightfully expected to see more

Assassins-Creed-Valhalla-release-date-october.jpg

Capping off yesterday's Inside Xbox livestream showcase was the much-teased gameplay reveal for Assassin's Creed: Valhalla. Though the trailer had featured fully in-engine scenes put together, many vocalized their disappointment, as the footage did not actually show gameplay in the standard sense of a controllable character moving around a game world. The Creative Director for Valhalla stepped in to make a statement about the fan reaction, saying that fans "rightfully expected to see more". In the same post, he also assuaged those critical of the trailer by saying the game has a long marketing campaign ahead, and that there will be plenty of actual gameplay and more detailed information to be seen in the future leading up to Assassin's Creed: Valhalla's release.

:arrow: Source

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It will sel millions whatever is shown as wel established series and what I've seen so far I'll def be playing it - so I couldn't giv a cows arse if I don't see anymor gameplay until launch day

Reactions: Hmed

Rolf12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Played the hyped AC origins. Qué mierda (such crap). Took me back to lousy AC3 with its bo-o-oring protagonist.
When will they drop these dusty dudes? Perhaps they did that in odyssey?

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That doesn't bode too well
What doesn't he is just agreeing with his future customers to make em happy lol no big deal - why anyone wants to watch a say a 5 minute gameplay vid so DESPERATE when the game is months away - fine release it if they want but you can tell from what's already shown you kno how it wil play and the least you see the mor surprise youl get

samcambolt270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What doesn't he is just agreeing with his future customers to make em happy lol no big deal - why anyone wants to watch a say a 5 minute gameplay vid so DESPERATE when the game is months away - fine release it if they want but you can tell from what's already shown you kno how it wil play and the least you see the mor surprise youl get
The problem has nothing to do with wanting to see gameplay, or wanting to know how it plays. The problem is wanting the developers to not straight up lie. If they'd said "trailer," we'd be fine. But they didn't. They said it was a "gameplay trailer." In order for something to be a "gameplay trailer," said trailer must include gameplay. We're not upset about the content of the trailer, we're upset about the blatant bald faced lie.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Don’t worry, it’s going to be the same old buggy mess with gameplay that doesn’t even look even remotely close to the “gameplay trailer” like all the other games Ubisoft haphazardly throws together.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, damage control and PR bullshit, what a surprise, coming from Ubisoft :lol:

It's funny, because there's a co-worker at the Walmart I work at who's an Ubisoft fanboy and he likes to defend developers all the time and wants to make his own game/novel/whatever, but he's one of the most know-it-all asswipes I've had to put up with at times!

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's funny, because there's a co-worker at the Walmart I work at who's an Ubisoft fanboy and he likes to defend developers all the time and wants to make his own game/novel/whatever, but he's one of the most know-it-all asswipes I've had to put up with at times!

Oh, a sanctimonious dingus, ugh, my condolences

Reactions: Silent_Gunner

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ubi$oft can go suck a dick. they can take AC, their always online DRM bullshit and the rest of their ips and shove it right up their ass not interested one bit. after they destroyed the anno series i want nothing more to do with them.

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.