Assassins Creed Anthology Is On It's Way

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Hadrian, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Hadrian
    OP

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    Well it looks like Ubisoft are going to be putting out a complete anthology of Assassins Creed titles, from the first game right up to ACIII. The PSP/Vita/DS/Mobile titles won't be included...but you wouldn't want them anyway, well maybe the Vita game that has got "ok" reviews.

All DLC will be included in this release (it isn't known if the ACIII DLC will be included) as well as lithographs for each title.

Eurogamer have said that Ubisoft have confirmed the existence of this and will be announcing a release date and price next week.

Can't say I ever cared for the series but maybe someone people may want to pick this up. Hopefully for them it'll be cheaper than say buying all of the titles used. hey, maybe Ubisoft will do a Wii U version too...of course that would mean that they would need to add stuff to four of the titles.

[​IMG]

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-11-06-assassins-creed-anthology-includes-5-games-dlc

2. EJames2100

EJames2100 GBAtemp Fan

May 9, 2008
    England
    Not bad, only briefly played the 1st one and was put off by how many there was and all the other DLC to buy so I just gave it up Think I'll get this.

3. chavosaur

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    This would be an awesome way for me to catch up with the entire series, i havent played a single game!
    I cant wait til this comes out

4. demonicstrife

demonicstrife *INSERTGENERICTITLE*

May 22, 2008
    United States
    Somewhere in the middle
    Perfect. I hardly played the first and this would make it simple to pick up the series.

5. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    This is nice, though I'm sure the price is going to be pretty high.

Then we'll be talking about Assassin's Greed.

6. ForteGospel

ForteGospel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 29, 2008
    United States
    steam just did an assasin creed series sale at 75% all the games including dlc...

also big chance that they will still implement their "must be online" policy for the italian games

7. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Nice.
    Nice way to have everything in 1 box.

I much rather prefer the limited collectors over the small box but meh.
    It still is a nice way to own every AC game

8. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    Having played AC 1, 2, Brotherhood and currently (for a while) playing through revelations, it's an epic movie for anyone interested in history. Also all the extra DLC may make it worth it, but IMO most of the DLC is just extra missions without any real additions to the story.

ps. Is it just me or has there been a whole wave of new collections? ME, AC, Uncharted, Infamous, etc..

9. emigre

emigre Oh Jeremy Corbyn

Jan 28, 2009
    United States
    London
    Yeah. Probably just publishers putting some new life into older games to sell some units. Especially as this gen is nearly over.

10. Arm73

Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Mar 4, 2006
    Italy
    Switzerland
    I only finished ACII on my old PC.
    Quite some time ago I downloaded the first game so see how does it compare to the sequels, but I'm not to thrilled about it.
    I guess I should going forward instead and try brotherhood , I heard it was pretty good.

But yes, having the whole collection could be cool, especially if they port it to the Wii U so that they could reach the Nintendo audience that maybe never got the chance to play any of those games.

11. wrettcaughn

wrettcaughn Misunderstood Moral Elitist

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    I have a few hours into AC2. was like a year ago though so once I get through my backlog I'll definitely come back to it. was good fun for the little while I played it

12. ShadowSoldier

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    Nah, some of the DLC has some important parts related to story.

Also, why anybody would want to play AC3 is beyond me. Such a shame and easily the black sheep of the series.

13. B-Blue

B-Blue slut

GBAtemp Patron
    B-Blue is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2006
    Antarctica
    I'm a huge AC fan. This is a must-have for me! Can't wait ^_^

14. chartube12

chartube12 GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    My only complaint SO FAR about AC3 is the change up of controls from the other games. But other then that I wouldn't call it a black sheep. IMO that title belongs to the first AC.

15. TwoBladedKnight

TwoBladedKnight GBAtemp Fan

May 17, 2009
    I'm not sure how to feel about this. I already own all the games, but I'm still contemplating buying this (if it comes to Australia) For collections sake.

16. shakirmoledina

shakirmoledina Legend

Oct 23, 2004
    Tanzania
    Dar es Salaam
    its a great bundle but since i've already played every game not interested to buy
    then again its also a collectors item

17. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    I was tempted to buy this since I only own the first game and Revelations but I already played II and Brotherhood so I'd basically be getting ACIII only from it.

I guess it's neat as a collector's item but I really don't like "collector's items" unless their a real stellar deal for me. In this case, it isn't.