Assassin's Creed 3 Release Date Announced

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Guild McCommunist, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Guild McCommunist
    OP

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    [​IMG]

Despite having no official announcement, trailers, or reveals of any kind, Assassin's Creed 3's release date has been released: October 30th.

During an investor call, Ubisoft boss Yves Guillemot said the game will release on October 30th, and has been in development for three years.

The game will apparently conclude the tale of series protagonist Desmond Miles, whose ancestry has lead him back to the assassins Altair and Ezio Auditore, where the games have focused on. The story will conclude before the game's "doomsday date" arrives in real life. Some further speculation states that the game might take place during the American Revolution.

Assassin's Creed 3 will apparently be coming to the PC, Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and Wii U.

:arrow: Source

1 person likes this.
  2. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    I know three years may not seem long for a big game,but still, 3 years... man.

3. Guild McCommunist
    OP

United States
    I'd take that with a grain of salt though, there's also been Revelations and Brotherhood in that time span. Maybe it's been in development for three years but I doubt it's been the center of attention for 3 years.

1 person likes this.
  4. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    I thought Revelations was 3?
    Guess that's what I get for not actually following it or playing it.

I wonder if they'll actually wrap the series up or if the Assassin's Creed "trilogy" will have a few more unnumbered titles too.
    "It's totally still a trilogy, non numbered games don't count!" alright Ubisoft, alright.
    Not that i'm complaining. AC games are always fun, but I do laugh when companies say something and then completely ignore it.

5. gameandmatch

Member gameandmatch GBAtemp Fan

United States
    WiiU huh? This will be interesting.

6. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    its becoming more of a yearly ip now

7. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    They said it themselves, they have a story to tell that HAS to be told before Dec. 21, 2012. Otherwise, their selling point of the game and the story wouldn't really be as good as it's supposed to be.

8. MrMaple

Newcomer MrMaple Member

United States
    I love the AC story, but Brotherhood felt a bit short. Hoping this will be a better game.

9. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    infact revelations was compromised in terms of gameplay and story as it was quite disconnected (turkish setting and all) and hence i believe they didnt get enough time to dev it properly,
    if this is 3 yrs in the making then i believe everything will be covered (i hope),
    cant wait!

10. triassic911

Member triassic911 Burst Mode

United States
    Can't wait! The leap from AC to AC2 was huge. It added so much to the franchise. I can only assume it will be another jump to AC3.

11. FireGrey

Member FireGrey Undercover Admin

Australia
    I would of thought they would wait for the PS4 and NextBox to release it.
    But it's nice to see Wii U on the release list.

12. Qtis

Member Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Antarctica
    Technically AC 1 was Altaïr's story, AC 2 + Brotherhood + Revelations were Ezio's story and now apparently AC 3 is somewhat Desmond's/unknown protagonist's story. So basically AC 2 + Brotherhood + Revelations = AC 2 story. Possibly like DLC, but not technically.

2012 my friend, it's coming too early.. On the other hand, why delay a good franchise to the next gen consoles when the consoles haven't been released to retail and won't be in the next few years.

13. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    I see they've finally gotten around to ending their "trilogy".

14. The Milkman

Member The Milkman GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman

United States
    So does this mean the Wii-u is coming before october since its not a launch title?

15. Vinnymac

Member Vinnymac GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The current release date of the Wii U is "Holiday 2012", so that's usually Q4. Considering October is in Q4. It has the potential of being both a launch title and an early released title.

I hope that the game is everything it has hyped up to be. I am looking forward to see what they do with this game on the Wii U.

16. Guild McCommunist
    OP

United States
    They've already made it clear that they'll be bringing games to the Wii U after launch. It's getting Arkham City and it launched last November. I wouldn't try to make any heads or tails of this game's launch date in relation to the Wii U launch date.