Assassin's Creed 3 DLC pits you against evil George Washington

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not too thrilled about killing your British chumps in the upcoming American Revolution-era Assassin's Creed 3? Well fear no longer, as a new set of DLC puts you in an alternate universe, facing down an evil King George Washington.

The DLC, titled "The Tyranny of King Washington" follows an alternate history where George Washington "succumbs to the temptation of power" (presumably the pieces of Eden) and, well, becomes evil George Washington. It's up to protagonist Connor to put an end to his tyranny and save the British colonies.

The DLC will be set out over the course of three episodes. No price for each episode was set, but for $30, players can purchase a season pass which grants them access to all these episodes plus additional DLC, both single player and multiplayer. You'll also get access to all DLC a week early.

So, if you just don't like killing your fellow footie fans or just want to get out some of that pent up butthurt from getting your ass spanked by the good ol' USA, giving George Washington a kick in the crumpets may just tighten your trousers.

:arrow: Source

Reactions: 2 people

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where's that Simpsons clip where George Washington gets into fist fight with a pirate when I need it?

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why isn't Evil King Washington DLC in every video game?

I agree, then you would know what you are up against, no matter what game it is, you whould know what to expect of the final enemy boss Evil King Washington. I just wonder if all our favorite video game hero's could beat Evil King Washington.

D

Deleted_171835

Announcing DLC in detail before the game is even out. Game publishers these days.

But this does sound pretty awesome.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Announcing DLC in detail before the game is even out. Game publishers these days.

But this does sound pretty awesome.

Well, just a note on DLC, this isn't anything close to "launch day DLC" or "disc locked content."

The game has most likely gone gold by now. It's out in less than a month so it's finished. Between when it was finished and while it's getting tested and such, the game devs got jack shit to do. So they usually, given today's currently technology, plan out DLC. So they write things up and start developing it. It's what happened most likely with Mass Effect 3's From Ashes DLC.

During developing odds are there are a lot of ideas that are thrown out because they don't fit into the game. Like when Borderlands was developed, I'm sure someone thought a zombie-themed set of missions and such would be cool, but it didn't fit into the game's story. However, with DLC, they were able to add the game as a side addition, meaning it has no relevant impact to the rest of the game.

So as a whole I wouldn't piss on "planned DLC". I mean especially for something like this, which is so far off the beaten track of the normal game that the only way the idea could be incorporated was through a completely separate side expansion. It most likely won't be there at launch but it's probably in development by now.

There's a whole episode of Extra Credits explaining this process if you're interested.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb