ROM Hack Assassin's Creed 2 Discovery AP.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
redrabbit17 said:
Hmmm.. Maybe I need some patch for Acekard or something. Cause the "good" GTA that I've downloaded was about 5 megs bigger than the slow one..
File size typically isn't a good indicator.
A 128MB ROM is untrimmed. After trimming, it might be 98MB.
The trimming removes junk data used to pad the files to a power of 2 (2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, etc).
Ideally, you should look for a ROM that is in a power of 2, like 32MB, 64MB or 128MB because they are typically untouched, but sometimes I've found a few pre-trimmed ROMs that have no problems.

Is your Assassin's Creed II patched?
That might be causing problems, especially if you don't need a patched ROM.

redrabbit17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently have 3 roms, the first one (which i got from a torrent site) is 64 megs, the second one is 60.0megs which kinda works well, but i'll have to see. The 3rd one is also 64 megs. Seems that it's a good one because it's one of the multiples. I don't think it's patched but i'm not entirely sure. Would getting roms from a torrent site cause it damage, BTW? Maybe that it..? But i don't see how cause it's just one file...

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
redrabbit17 said:
I currently have 3 roms, the first one (which i got from a torrent site) is 64 megs, the second one is 60.0megs which kinda works well, but i'll have to see. The 3rd one is also 64 megs. Seems that it's a good one because it's one of the multiples. I don't think it's patched but i'm not entirely sure. Would getting roms from a torrent site cause it damage, BTW? Maybe that it..? But i don't see how cause it's just one file...
Technically, the way torrents work will lead to better (non-damaged) files since it's constantly verifying the data coming in and the data you've saved.
If any bad data comes in on a torrent it can be tossed out. If any bad data happens to make it onto your computer, then it will be overwritten with good data.
If you download a file online and a 'hiccup' causes a byte to get changed, that's it. No automatic verification to fix it.

That said, I haven't had a file go bad during download in a long time. I have seen bad files be hosted though.
I'd say to try the torrented file and see how that works.
The 60MB one is probably trimmed + patched or modified in some way.

My untrimmed ROM is 64.0MB with a CRC32 of 855FDCDB
My trimmed ROM is 58.8MB with a CRC32 of 6ADCB57F
You can use HashCheck or any other hashing app to check the CRCs of your files.

redrabbit17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh... Yeah. Makes sense, I don't know if the free download manager verifies or something..

But.. I definitely notice the lag in all three. I mean, the mission where you save the burning city, the first encounter where an inquisitor and typical foe surprises you, the 3-combo move you do seems sluggish, i mean sluggish than the swifter ones i can sometimes do. Maybe that's just normal.? And I'm just using that mission as an example. The sluggishness seems to pick its spots from different places. Guess I'm gonna have to be forced to buy this game to verify... Hehe...

I downloaded the hash check and it says that they "MATCH", and I see 20+ characters. I'm new to this, apparently.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night