Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here ye, here ye! GBAtemplars young and old alike, come and gather round!​
For the upcoming Assassin's Creed movie (by the way, an Assassin's Creed movie is in the works), Ubisoft has signed on Micheal Fassbender to star and co-produce. Fassbender is a rising presence in Hollywood; you might remember him from such films as X-Men: First Class and Promotheus.
icon11.gif
Variety

Video game movies have a pretty tarnished reputation, but it seems like Ubisoft is pulling out the stops to overcome that. To ensure creative control over this project (and all possible future ones), they launched Ubisoft Motion Pictures just last year. While the film could still be produced or distributed by another company, this should at least keep the likes of Uwe Boll away from the project.

The article doesn't give a date for the project, but assuming nothing goes wrong, we may see the finished film sometime in the next few years.

I'm not sure if we really need an Assassin's Creed movie, but I'll be impressed if they can pull it off. A huge success could give video game film adaptations some much needed legitimacy. Who knows, maybe filmmakers might just start to take them seriously.

I may be getting my hopes up, but it's always possible. And hey, if anyone knows about "big things coming from small beginnings", it's Micheal Fassbender.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
No Uwe Boll? I'm disappointed.

No, really. His films aren't just "bad", they're delightfully horrible on purpose, which gives them this pleasant aftertaste of "yep, that's a straight-to-DVD release", not to mention that they're funny since they don't treat themselves too seriously.

Anyone who enjoys watching movies that are bad on purpose surely understands what I'm talking about.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No, really. His films aren't just "bad", they're delightfully horrible on purpose, which gives them this pleasant aftertaste of "yep, that's a straight-to-DVD release", not to mention that they're funny since they don't treat themselves too seriously.

Anyone who enjoys watching movies that are bad on purpose surely understands what I'm talking about.

Eh, I'd disagree. His older films still have that "train wreck" quality; they're awful, but still strangely compelling in their own way. Boll's more recent ones (I can't quite remember where the trend began) aren't so enjoyably bad. He's gained enough competence (or somehow lost even more), and now the end products are just tediously bad.

It's kind of like the difference between "Plan 9 From Outer Space" and "Manos: The Hands of Fate".

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Eh, I'd disagree. His older films still have that "train wreck" quality; they're awful, but still strangely compelling in their own way. Boll's more recent ones (I can't quite remember where the trend began) aren't so enjoyably bad. He's gained enough competence (or somehow lost even more), and now the end products are just tediously bad.

It's kind of like the difference between "Plan 9 From Outer Space" and "Manos: The Hands of Fate".
Entirely possible, I haven't seen any since Postal (highly recommended) and Bloodrayne, also known as "How to make a badass plot turn into a snorefest by means of cowboys".

Reactions: 1 person

Theraima

I own this desert, bitches!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
The main character should be someone acrobatic.. I'm not entirely convinced Fassbender is the guy for the role of an Assassin..

Prince of Persia was decent tho.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hopefully they don't fuck it up, like a lot of games this setting/story can really be turned into a great story.... If there's enough money available, this will be a blockbuster...

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
I want Robert Downey Jr as the main character :D!
Are you kidding me? He's an awesome actor, but he's a chatterbox? Since when have Assassins been talkative as heck? He'd adlib too much.

Let's just hope Fassbender can pull off those awesome assassin moves. Yes, I'm talking about Liberation's trailer. I was in a local gameshop browsing for 3DS games when I first saw it... awesome shit. Reminded me of Mel Gibson's The Patriot.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He was really good in X-Men: First Class and in general I've heard good things about him as an actor.

Dunno if I could see him in an Asscreed movie, in general I think they don't even need movies. The games work fine enough themselves and they already suffer a consistent issue of having endings that crumble like a cookie.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
He was really good in X-Men: First Class and in general I've heard good things about him as an actor.

Dunno if I could see him in an Asscreed movie, in general I think they don't even need movies. The games work fine enough themselves and they already suffer a consistent issue of having endings that crumble like a cookie.
They don't need it, but the movie will definitely be interesting.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are you kidding me? He's an awesome actor, but he's a chatterbox? Since when have Assassins been talkative as heck? He'd adlib too much.

Let's just hope Fassbender can pull off those awesome assassin moves. Yes, I'm talking about Liberation's trailer. I was in a local gameshop browsing for 3DS games when I first saw it... awesome shit. Reminded me of Mel Gibson's The Patriot.
thats the whole point :D Would love to see him in a "quiet" character ;).

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country

thats the whole point :D Would love to see him in a "quiet" character ;).
nope. probably not gonna happen. besides, he's far more suited to witty characters. it's better if somebody else plays Altair.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Watching the fallout series it is pretty decent