Hacking [Asking Tutorial] How to convert .CIA to .3DS for Gateway White flashcart

bloodfalco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi, I have trouble when using 3ds to CIA converter and @davFaithID CIA to 3DS converter to convert .CIA to .3DS for my Gateway, when I put back into my Gateway to my 3DS and when I press Select to choose the game, it just show white blank and it did not boot up at all when I choose it. Can anyone post tutorial or guidance for me? I want to play MapleStory using my Gateway card.

NB: Please do not harass me with "Use CFW", I am loving my Gateway and I want to use it even though it is already outdated and no longer supported (End of Support)

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have trouble when using 3ds to CIA converter and @davFaithID CIA to 3DS converter to convert .CIA to .3DS for my Gateway, when I put back into my Gateway to my 3DS and when I press Select to choose the game, it just show white blank and it did not boot up at all when I choose it. Can anyone post tutorial or guidance for me? I want to play MapleStory using my Gateway card.

NB: Please do not harass me with "Use CFW", I am loving my Gateway and I want to use it even though it is already outdated and no longer supported (End of Support)
Switch fully to Luma3DS and be done with this headache that is Gateway3DS

bloodfalco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Switch fully to Luma3DS and be done with this headache that is Gateway3DS

I understand, but I still have my Gateway and want to use it, as I have stated in above post. And please do not harass me with that kind of saying, "Use CFW this and that"

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I am just asking for tutorial and a guide to convert cia to 3ds and I hope that I can get a solution here.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Please do not harass me with "Use CFW", I am loving my Gateway
So you are using a CFW (although a crappy one), as the gateway red is not a flashcard but rather a novel slot-1 accessory requiring additional drivers which are provided by theirs (the launcher.dat) :)

My firmware is actually 9.0.0, so any workaround on that?
As a starting point you could update your emunand to the highest version the brickway CFW can run (I think it is 11.2 but double check, haven't really cared for the 3DS in 2 years - if that's the case search the internet for "adrifcastr ctrtransfer") - that will give you the highest compatibility with their CFW

bloodfalco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
The reason you shouldn't be using Gateway is due to lack of support, if the converter converted .cia to .3ds for you then it did it job, getting a white screen probably have to with your firmware if you are above 11.2, there is a patch for 11.9 emunand, via user 123ab.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/gateway-3ds-help.528564/

It is actually not a whitescreen but it just shows like this. Image attached.
20210209_080255_001.jpg

@Hayato213 My 3DS actually can play Persona Q2 .3DS ROM. Is there any work around on this? Man, at this time, I wish that iso site is still around.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is actually not a whitescreen but it just shows like this. Image attached.View attachment 245642

The not booting part probably has to do with the firmware requirement, the game came out around when 11.2 was release.

Just make your life easier and just install Luma3DS, the headache you have to deal with is not worth it plus I don't really know anyone here that is that skill enough with Gateway, most users would tell you to install Boot9Strap and Luma3DS if you want supports.

bloodfalco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
How do I create a 3DS rom that can run in lower firmware, I think there should be a tutorial right?

too bad Gary is no longer free. If he is still I can ask him

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep your Dahmer ways to yourself