Asking help on buying a flashcart(Pawnshop)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by MARIOPARTY17, Jul 11, 2015.

1. MARIOPARTY17
    OP

MARIOPARTY17 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2015
    So I went to a local pawn shop and saw this in their selection of ds games a 3ds/ds flashcart.

i know this mostly wont play 3ds games, but I think I mainly use it to play gba games on my N3ds, do you think it worth it , I cant return if it doesn't work for me.

I have some knowledge of the flashcart b

Attached Files:

2. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    That will play ds and nes games with no problems

3. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    eh gba emulation isn't that great on basic ds flashcards.
    A hacked 3ds is far better but I guess that isn't an option.

4. MARIOPARTY17
    OP

MARIOPARTY17 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2015
    @Ronhero, that nice, but I done alot of that in the past

@zoogie that a shame, but if it playable then it might be fine of me,unless it like half the framerate or something yuck

5. azublazer

azublazer GBAtemp Regular

Feb 3, 2015
    United States
    GBA games play at normal speed, but they're buggy. Sprites are glitched, cutscenes are choppy, maps scrolls oddly, text doesn't display right all the time, etc. It's just... buggy. Some games play better than others though.

6. DSpider

DSpider GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2015
    Romania
    Unless you're on firmware 9.3 or newer, GBA VC injections are the way to go. Why would you even bother emulating when the 3DS has hardware support (i.e. dedicated CPUs) for GBA/DS/DSi?

Yeah... thread title is a bit misleading. I thought there were more than ONE flashcart to select from. But since they only have the one, just get it. It looks pretty cheap. Just make sure you try it out first, right there and then (with the proper files and a few .nds games on a microSD card). That "-website-.cn" flashcart has a very high rate of DOA cases. Burned myself with one, so be careful.

7. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    I really gotta read up on that VC injection shit. So far SNES emulator works fine but I haven't tried other emulators that are WIP.