Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hello
QUOTE said:
[v1.14] 2008-07-09
* fixed the error of saving for 2436 rom (Note: Must be deleting the save file which creating by the old kernel os menu before using the newest kernel os menu v1.14)
* upgrade information library, up to 2437

[v1.13] 2008-07-01
* support 64 Mbit (8Mbyte) sav file, support 2385 wifi download songs.
Download songs need a valid ID and KEY which in the sav file. (Note: Each original has a unique ID and the corresponding KEY, each ID up to download 100 songs, more than 100 wifi will be blocked.)
* upgrade information library, up to 2400

[v1.12] 2008-06-26
* fixed the error of saving for 2385 rom (Note: Must be deleting the save file which creating by the old kernel os menu before using the newest kernel os menu v1.12)
* upgrade information library, up to 2385
can some1 explain it to me the one that i bold?
can i still continue the old save game when i upgrade the version?

i'm still using v 1.11

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Make a backup of your save file and try it. I don't believe it will work, because I think the size of the save file will be different.

-Bri

twit21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just want to offer a bit of clarification:

That line is referring to only the save file for that specific ROM, which happens to be Final Fantasy Tactics A2. It doesn't have any effect on any other games, so it's not necessary to delete all of your save files.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Again, you could try it, but my guess is that the save converter site will only convert a save file to another save file of the same size. I don't see any options on that site for changing the size of the save file. It might even be limited to 512K saves (which nearly all are except for a rash of new games that apparently use larger save files).

Note that this problem only pertains to certain games such as 2385 (Daigasso! Band Brothers DX). Other games should work fine with your current save files. Actually, the old version of the firmware shouldn't work properly with that ROM anyway, so I would think that you wouldn't have a valid save file if you had been using a previous version of the firmware.

But maybe I'm misunderstanding the problem. If so, you might check the ROM hacking forum on this site to see if anyone has written a save converter for that game.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night