Cute>Hot
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anyone who has interest in getting Phantasy Star Portable 2 can ask question about the demo and the gameplay so far and anything about the game is acceptable.

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the game will be infrastructure, it will have an online hall like the xbox 360 version
You can't transfer charac from 1st game, but you get a cool item if you played it

The game is coming out in DEc 3 in Japan..

I mean the game is just gonna be a lot more like the console version

There is also a new boss monster...

I'm pissed at my psp

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BlackDave said:
the game will be infrastructure, it will have an online hall like the xbox 360 version
You can't transfer charac from 1st game, but you get a cool item if you played it

I'm pissed at my psp

I'll add something good

If you have the demo you can transfer your character that you trained in the demo into the official game with all stats and items.

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hop2089 said:
BlackDave said:

I'm pissed at my psp

I'll add something good

If you have the demo you can transfer your character that you trained in the demo into the official game with all stats and items.

arrrrrrrgh >_< i forgot that xD

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
I freaking love the new huge maps and PVP feature... Watch the "trailer", it's awesome.
nyanya.gif

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
whats this thread for? Asking about the demo?
if so, i wanna know what its like D:
I don't have pandora to downgrade from 6.10.

chriso

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.thepsphq.com
XP
Country
United States
Yea, it's way better than the first (even the pc version). I updated to 6.00ofw to mess with it and it's really good for a demo. You can import your PSP1 character along with their old clothes etc. They cap your character at 15 and if you make another character, you share the same itembox which I never thought they would do. Tons of new rares, titles, PM's, and apartment furnishings in the demo that will last you awhile.

btw, they have fanta, moba, and pizza hut items in the demo too. If anyone's playing the demo, go to your room and to the vision phone - third option down type in..

Fanta Collaboration No.1 (for Scouring Bubbles Armor slot): 31997251

Moba Collaboration No.1 (for Moba Yubi Handgun): 12664498

chriso

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.thepsphq.com
XP
Country
United States
clegion said:
can you lock on using ranger?

what's the evasion system like?

Their is lock on and strafe, same as the first. Evasion is dodge rolling (and blocking, for weapons like dual guns, greatsword, sheilds etc. which hurts the enemy if done at the right time.) which works well but take some time to adapt too. The new class is called "Braver", I'm not too sure about it, but I think it's more hunter based.

Burbruee

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The demo is aweome. Been playing it since sunday night. Softmodded my original psp-battery to pandora so I can go back later.
I love how the item boxes look more like they did in PSO. They're more noticeable. And how the rares have a red glow to them. Looks really nice.

As a PSO-fan (still active PSOBB player) I love that they brought in some enemies from PSO. (Evil Shark f.e) and supposedly PSO Forest and Caves levels will be available in the full version, along with the real Dragon boss from PSO.
Though, Mines and Ruins will not make an appearance? (they were rare missions on aoti, right?)

I signed up to PSN with a japanese account and registered for the lottery and got a free PSP2 theme for the XMB. They will draw 4 times during November, first time being this Thursday the 5th.
A total of 200,000 PSN accounts will have a code emailed to them during November (the address they used when signing up) which can be used to play the demo true online (infrastructure mode)

This game is significantly harder than the first game. Enemies can be really tough as they have the ability to dodge, jump and block attacks. (been a long time since I played the first game so I don't know if they did all that, but I can't remember them doing it)
Also I had some huge troubles with De Ragan boss. I was not able to beat him until I was level 13. And even then I had used up 10x monomates, 10x dimates, used SUV twice (I'm a female Cast) and had very low HP left. (ONE more hit from him and I would be dead)

I hope I get the chance to play online. And if this games comes out in english, I do hope they don't make the infrastructure mode jpn-only. I will buy it for sure if it comes out here with free online like the jpn version.
And yeah, if you want to play online you WILL have to buy it, since every copy comes with an individual code for use with that copy only.

This is a good time to own a PSP.
yaypsp.gif

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting a digital copy since I have enough yen in my account to purchase the game at the PS store but will not have enough money to import the UMD. Also, you get to play online from the get go if purchased as a digital copy since the code is inside the game data.

clegion

Trophies
Website
cfatalis.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
chriso said:
clegion said:
can you lock on using ranger?

what's the evasion system like?

Their is lock on and strafe, same as the first. Evasion is dodge rolling (and blocking, for weapons like dual guns, greatsword, sheilds etc. which hurts the enemy if done at the right time.) which works well but take some time to adapt too. The new class is called "Braver", I'm not too sure about it, but I think it's more hunter based.
eehh, so the evasion is like when the enemy attack we press a button, then we evade?, and not like KH, where we can evade anytime we want?

meeh, strafe system again

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
deanxxczx said:
Popcorn Fairy said:
Do the clothes actually look good now or do you still look like a fashion reject no matter what you wear?

LOL, i wanna know this too
rofl2.gif
Lol, the clothes didn't look that bad... But I wouldn't know cos I wore Braves Custom (Ethan's clothes) all the time.

Popcorn Fairy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raika said:
deanxxczx said:
Popcorn Fairy said:
Do the clothes actually look good now or do you still look like a fashion reject no matter what you wear?

LOL, i wanna know this too
rofl2.gif
Lol, the clothes didn't look that bad... But I wouldn't know cos I wore Braves Custom (Ethan's clothes) all the time.

Female clothes were pretty goddamn awful.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: