Hacking Ashley and his team - unofficial TT firmwares

denieru7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys; I just wanted to share some news.

I've been in email contact with ashley.

He and him hacking team have been really busy with the TT unofficial firmwares. In fact, they released 1.17a12 on December the 5th. I have been lucky enough to be chosen by him to be sort of a tester for his firmwares. However, he does not want his firmwares to be released to the general public because he does not want sites like dstt.com to steal his work and claim it as theirs, just like what happened to 1.17a07 (If you go to http://www.ndstt.com/download.html and scroll down you will see 1.17a07 there). So guys, please respect his wishes and don't ask for him to release them, and I certainly am in no position to release them either. He will release some, in time.

This is the changelog of a12:

* V1.17a12 (Dec 5,2009)
o Problems solved :
4429 - Phantasy Star Zero (US)
4502 - Battle of Giants: Dragons (US)
4503 - Plus belle la vie 2 : Le mysterieux passe de Vincent (FR)
4510 - Kaijuu Busters (JP)
4512 - Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes (US)
4513 - Cross Treasures (JP)
4514 - Relaxuma * Rhythm: Mattari Kibun de Da Run Run Run (JP)
*4518 - Pawer Pro-Kun Pocket 12 (JP)
4524 - Petz Nursery (EU)
4527 - The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (US)
*4529 - James Cameron's Avatar: The Game (US)
4532 - Barbie and the Three Musketeers (US)

*: DS/DSL mode only.

I have personally tried Spirit Tracks clean using a12, and it works without a snag. Also, he has fixed that dragon game.

Just wanted to tell the community that there IS support for the TT and its coming hard and fast!

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
since your in contact maybe you should encourage him and have him a site for his updates?also when will we be able to have a12?

bitonio6

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
i cant understand that situation?!

No solution are possible, nobody can do something againt ndstt.com
to take this kernels for them?!

it is a kernel for DSTT or not?

ndstt.com are the official DSTT maker, so...

maybe they want some money from ndstt.com?

But i cant see a solution here !!!

Ad_Enuff

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What we need is a way of allowing Ashley to release firmwares without the DSTT team taking credit for it and re-uploading it on their websites.

Maybe password protect the Zip file with GBATemp user access only? or banning IP addresses related to the DSTT website?

Seems silly to hold firmwares back to spite DSTT...it's us card owners that are left without the support we thought we'd get when we bought the cards.

noregister

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ad_Enuff said:
What we need is a way of allowing Ashley to release firmwares without the DSTT team taking credit for it and re-uploading it on their websites.

Maybe password protect the Zip file with GBATemp user access only? or banning IP addresses related to the DSTT website?

Seems silly to hold firmwares back to spite DSTT...it's us card owners that are left without the support we thought we'd get when we bought the cards.

If you give it to enough people it will get leaked and they will eventually use it if they want to. The firmware modifier isn't going to make things better by delaying a release. Also, his work is based on proprietary hardware and software that is used to circumvent proprietary software protection without the consent of the original intellectual property holder, so I cannot understand why he would whine when someone else takes credit for his work or attempts to profit off of it. That is the nature of this industry and community.

Alty09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
noregister said:
....so I cannot understand why he would whine when someone else takes credit for his work or attempts to profit off of it. That is the nature of this industry and community.

As you said yourself, you cannot understand....and no it's not.

Excellent news btw.

smile.gif

noregister

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Alty09 said:
noregister said:
....so I cannot understand why he would whine when someone else takes credit for his work or attempts to profit off of it. That is the nature of this industry and community.

As you said yourself, you cannot understand....and no it's not.

Excellent news btw.

smile.gif

You've managed to insult my intelligence without directly questioning my assertion in any meaningful way. I'm sure the folks who work at Nintendo and other video game companies, and maybe even the people who created the DSTT firmware feel bad about having their intellectual property modified and distributed in ways they did not intend. If the DSTT team is taking credit for Ashley's work than that is a bit different I suppose, but still, for him to whine about that is hypocritical since he does not respect the rights of other people to control their intellectual property in ways they see fit. I can't feel the least bit sorry for him. There is no excuse to keep something like this closed source.

laxman0220

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Awesome news, the fact that a person like denieru7 wrote this is why i believe. I thought they would've stopped since that stunt that the dstt team pulled.

Ultralex

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
how about doing it like Team Twiizers did it with tese wii unlockig scamers.
They just placed this ''if you bought this you've been scammed '' screen at the startup of the hackmii installer.
He could do something like this.

Gearhead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That wouldn't work. Remember, the files that he is changing are firmware files that were originally made by the real NDSTT people. So even if he put in a screen like that, there's an extremely high possibility that the NDSTT people would just take it out. Unless they just don't care

bitonio6

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Gearhead said:
That wouldn't work. Remember, the files that he is changing are firmware files that were originally made by the real NDSTT people. So even if he put in a screen like that, there's an extremely high possibility that the NDSTT people would just take it out. Unless they just don't care
ndstt.com can take his job and put the DSTT-FAKE KIller in the "TTMENU.DAT"
and every will believe its a new one from the official DSTT TEAM

i think its more respectable from them to just link the 1.17a07 and not add the fake-killer!

No?
lecture.gif

r0man

Trophies
Website
www.r0man.com
XP
Country
United States
To me it seems immature to not release the firmwares just because they think someone is going to steal them.
That's pretty much like a major game company (i.e: EA) refusing to release a major game (i.e: Sims 3) because they're afraid of pirates.

EDIT: Perhaps the hacking team should just teach you/us how to change the firmware so that new games work. Then it wouldn't be their work being stolen by the DSTT team.

twit21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
danieru7 said:
In fact, they released 1.17a12 on December the 5th. I have been lucky enough to be chosen by him to be sort of a tester for his firmwares. However, he does not want his firmwares to be released to the general public because he does not want sites like dstt.com to steal his work and claim it as theirs, just like what happened to 1.17a07 (If you go to http://www.ndstt.com/download.html and scroll down you will see 1.17a07 there). So guys, please respect his wishes and don't ask for him to release them, and I certainly am in no position to release them either. He will release some, in time.

Bold text vs. underlined text: way to jerk us off, man. Start out by saying that a new unofficial firmware has been "released," followed by the stipulation of "but he doesn't want you fuckers to have it." Why did you bother even starting this thread? Posting a changelog without a download link is just wasting everyone's time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Tattle-tale :creep: