Ash VS Evil Dead

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by Veho, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Veho
    OP

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    Bruce "The Chin" Campbell returns as Ash Williams in the upcoming "horror sitcom" TV show Ash VS Evil Dead, created by Sam Raimi, creator of the original Evil Dead. It also features the gangrenous Deadite granny, so it seems that the gang's all here.

Behold, the trailer (but remember to say the incantation before watching):

I'm dead hyped.

2. ExplodingJesus

ExplodingJesus Member

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2015
    United States
    California
    I have saw the trailer of this show and heard about this show. Now i am waiting to watch this show. Hope for better one.

3. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    This looks so stupid... in a groovy way. I'll definitely keep an eye on this.

4. FireEmblemGuy

FireEmblemGuy Celebrating a decade of shitposting

Jul 6, 2007
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    Judging solely from the first episode, it's not perfect (some of the acting is very flat), but it's just about what you'd expect for an Evil Dead TV series. Apparently it's already been renewed for a second season.

5. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    I was trying to spot if any CG was used, but in the "Inside" section after the episode, it was said that it was all practical basically. That warms my heart, the stuff done in the first episode looked great, I just had a lingering feeling. I loved the first episode, the younger support actors are potential growers, but Campbell was fantastic straight away. I can't wait for more Lucy Lawless, she only popped up a bit here. I haven't seen the trilogy in months, and that was my first ever viewing. I would've liked for the rules to be established about the Deadites. I had to remind myself that the living can be turned, headshots kill them, and some other bits.

It was the perfect thing to watch after It Follows, ugh. Overrated. Very original, but meh.