Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff88

Jeff88 GBAtemp Regular

Did you actually read all those tasks he just wrote? Apparently not huh?

2. Demonbart

Demonbart GBATemp's guitar hero

Netherlands
    He's a beta tester, I wonder what he could have done.... OH WAIT! I KNOW! BETA TESTING!

3. don_eno

don_eno GBAtemp Regular

Greece
    yes i read them. if they are working hard maybe the game has a lot of bugs or the translation it's not correct

4. chad13dale

chad13dale Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Look, buddy. It aint that simple to beta test. Beta testing not only requires you to just finish the game in just a single sitting and poof, you're done. Beta testing requires you to check EVERY single action you can perform at ANY specific given time to produce a high quality work which is bug free. IT TAKES A HELL LOT OF TIME to do this and it's not just fun and games. I believe that the team behind this translations wanted to give you a high quality product at par with the commercial games available at the market. It's not just about looking for bugs and checking if it's translated perfectly. It's ensuring that nothing screws up at ANY given point in time no matter what the player does.

5. Phoenix Goddess

Phoenix Goddess The Ninja's Protégée

United States

Enough complaining, it won't make anything any faster. Keep in mind that people have lives and jobs, they can't fully devote ALL of their time to impatient people, be happy it's translated at all. Also, even Beta Testers have lives to live. Stop complaining, if you want crashes or incorrect words in your translated Ash then go do it yourself.

I'm just now learning how to translate a game, it takes time, dedication, patience, and a hell of a lot of swears; try it out and tell me how fast YOU get it done. I'll be waiting [​IMG]

6. don_eno

don_eno GBAtemp Regular

Greece
    ok i understand that and i am expecting a good work

7. Kerian

Kerian GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    This is getting out of hand and offtopic like like... like it's getting out of hand. nugundam0079 has the personality of that guy from prince of bel air, so this avatar suits him well.

could we go back to the topic adn wait for psyco to post news or will this trolling continue for all eternity. also, don't feed the trolls for counless pages for **** sake [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. nugundam0079

nugundam0079 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You like Bel-air? what a classic!

9. nugundam0079

nugundam0079 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    It's not even pysco who's complaining it's this weird little cult that seems to want to swarm anyone with "aRE yOU pAying THem?!" comments if you ask about the project. This is the only reason i've been posting on this board! they're so easy to bait and it gives me something to do between classes! [​IMG]

10. Toni Plutonij

Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
    Former Staff

Croatia
    This stops NOW!

This project is real, game IS fully translated, I've played trough it, in fact I was in the first BETA TESTING team while game was still translating, there were some problems, and part of progress was lost.

Psyco created this thread to find new beta testers, people who aren't friends, aren't close by, people that are from all over the World, which means different time zones, and hard to organize and synchronize.
    Even more, nobody here is payed for what they do, they do it out of their free will, and free time.
    Some testers go to school, some work, so testing comes in spare time.

After all that said, you have to take in consideration that after some bugs are found at some particular part in game, and fixed, that part of game has to be played AGAIN, to see if the bug is completely fixed.
    Everything that gets corrected has to be tested AGAIN, to see if it affected any other part of the game.

So people who have nothing nice to say DO NOT POST (we even have that line in GBAtemp rules), no need for trolling and flaming, and even impatient childish outbursts!
    People who keep doing it will get warned, and if needed suspended!

11. ferofax

ferofax End of the World

plus, that one week beta-testing is probably with lots of free time to spare. people with real-life commitments can't put in that much time too.

12. scottasmith230

Newcomer

United States
    I have been watching this project for some time and i am very much looking forward to it being completed. Don't let people trolling get you down they don't know what they are talking about. I would like to thank everyone involved in this project for there continuing hard work.

13. sadak5

sadak5 GBAtemp Fan

Mexico
    One thing about psyco work can be said in just one word: Quality.

If you prefer a half google translation with bugs, why not try to translate it yourself?

I watched this since long ago (since it started) and hoped any of the problems not disturb the release of the patch (leaks, testers not working, bugs), at the end we will get the patch with only one thing in mind, as I said, quality.

14. Phoenix Goddess

Phoenix Goddess The Ninja's Protégée

United States

Thank you, this is a bit of what I tried to say, but it's more effective coming from someone with a stronger word.

How many bugs were found?

15. madpinger

madpinger Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Oh, I can't wait. give me :3

Thanks for all the work

16. miss_DSlite

miss_DSlite GBAtemp Regular

United States
    can't wait [​IMG]

17. Cortador

Cortador GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I haven't read the whole thread but if it happens that you guys still need a beta tester, i'm up for it. I currently got a lot of time on my hands and i'm willing to put up effort in finding bugs in this game. [​IMG]

18. esserius

esserius Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Sad that a moderator has to step in to control such foolishness.

I wish you luck psyco. Keep up the great work. [​IMG]

19. WildArms

WildArms GBAtemp Regular

Venezuela
    This game looks nice [​IMG] it seems is almost over, hope i get to play it soon!, thanks for your hard work

20. PerswAsian

PerswAsian Member
    Newcomer

Since no one is addressing this and imaginations are running rampant, I'll hit it up.

Currently, there are seven known bugs being addressed in the beta build. Those will take time. Since I'm not the one dealing with it, I couldn't (and moreover, wouldn't) give a time table on that.

Additionally, this is a very wordy game. Though there are many beta testers, it seems most just wanted to play the damn game rather than actually contribute. A lion's share of the text has been edited by steirina, with another good portion being done by Leamonde.Halcyon, Psychoblaster, and me. There are other people on there, but they have made very few text contributions to the product from the look of the project's page.

Text has been finalized for the first seven stages of the game, but there is still much more to be done. I've only gotten to about stage 13's worth of text. This isn't just a grammar fix. We are trying to improve the readability and story cohesion as well. That takes time and while I had time two months ago when I started editing, I don't have as much time, now.

Text is divided into three categories: Original text (current beta build), Suggested change (where we will all contribute lines), and Finalized Text (where the best line is selected or elements from the lines are added).

I've been on the other side waiting anxiously for a project to finish before. I still am, I suppose, what with how big a fan of the Tales series I am (and having played through Innocence in Japanese without any understanding, I can't wait to play it knowing what's going on).

Point is, it will get here. It sucks having patience. Try your best, though, would you?

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - translation, (archaic, project

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.