Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
don_eno said:
Guild McCommunist said:
don_eno said:
4 months of beta testing is alot of time since it takes only one week to finish playing a ds game.

You obviously don't understand beta testing.

They don't just play the game and go "OH WE'RE DONE" and publish it. They have to look for grammar mistakes, crash bugs, etc, all of which then have to be incorporated in a new patch for the game and tested again. This goes on for a while, since in the latest patch there could be a new crash bug, a typo, a mistranslation, or a different interpretation of a sentence. Beta testing goes for a while.
yes i don't understand beta testing but since you are a tester what have you done all this time
He's a beta tester, I wonder what he could have done.... OH WAIT! I KNOW! BETA TESTING!

don_eno

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Jeff88 said:
Did you actually read all those tasks he just wrote? Apparently not huh?
yes i read them. if they are working hard maybe the game has a lot of bugs or the translation it's not correct

chad13dale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Look, buddy. It aint that simple to beta test. Beta testing not only requires you to just finish the game in just a single sitting and poof, you're done. Beta testing requires you to check EVERY single action you can perform at ANY specific given time to produce a high quality work which is bug free. IT TAKES A HELL LOT OF TIME to do this and it's not just fun and games. I believe that the team behind this translations wanted to give you a high quality product at par with the commercial games available at the market. It's not just about looking for bugs and checking if it's translated perfectly. It's ensuring that nothing screws up at ANY given point in time no matter what the player does.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don_eno said:
Jeff88 said:
Did you actually read all those tasks he just wrote? Apparently not huh?
yes i read them. if they are working hard maybe the game has a lot of bugs or the translation it's not correct

Enough complaining, it won't make anything any faster. Keep in mind that people have lives and jobs, they can't fully devote ALL of their time to impatient people, be happy it's translated at all. Also, even Beta Testers have lives to live. Stop complaining, if you want crashes or incorrect words in your translated Ash then go do it yourself.

I'm just now learning how to translate a game, it takes time, dedication, patience, and a hell of a lot of swears; try it out and tell me how fast YOU get it done. I'll be waiting
happy.gif

don_eno

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
chad13dale said:
Look, buddy. It aint that simple to beta test. Beta testing not only requires you to just finish the game in just a single sitting and poof, you're done. Beta testing requires you to check EVERY single action you can perform at ANY specific given time to produce a high quality work which is bug free. IT TAKES A HELL LOT OF TIME to do this and it's not just fun and games. I believe that the team behind this translations wanted to give you a high quality product at par with the commercial games available at the market. It's not just about looking for bugs and checking if it's translated perfectly. It's ensuring that nothing screws up at ANY given point in time no matter what the player does.
ok i understand that and i am expecting a good work

Kerian

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is getting out of hand and offtopic like like... like it's getting out of hand. nugundam0079 has the personality of that guy from prince of bel air, so this avatar suits him well.

could we go back to the topic adn wait for psyco to post news or will this trolling continue for all eternity. also, don't feed the trolls for counless pages for **** sake
hate2.gif
mad.gif

nugundam0079

Prime Сasual Dating - Verified Women
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Kerian said:
This is getting out of hand and offtopic like like... like it's getting out of hand. nugundam0079 has the personality of that guy from prince of bel air, so this avatar suits him well.

could we go back to the topic adn wait for psyco to post news or will this trolling continue for all eternity. also, don't feed the trolls for counless pages for **** sake
hate2.gif
mad.gif

You like Bel-air? what a classic!

nugundam0079

Prime Сasual Dating - Verified Women
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Taijo said:
nugundam0079 said:
injected11 said:
kingkonghong said:
It cant possibly take this long to check for grammar mistakes and glitches.

I'm not speaking as an ungrateful bastard because I honestly admire translators on their dedication to help the public, but seriously, No updates, nothing, what the hell's going on?
You should put your sense of entitlement on hold. Are you paying them? Then you have no right to be setting deadlines. If Psychoblaster feels the need to give an update, I'm sure he will. If he decides to completely scrap the project without a word, that's his call. It isn't his fault that others are getting their hopes up.

Following your line of logic-why should he even announce that he is working on such a project to begin with? why not just upload when he's totally done? that way he wouldnt have to deal with people on the boards asking "whats going with the translation" in fact why work on one and release it? why not just keep it to himself??

You see where i'm going with this? he posted the information on gbatemp simply to keep people informed! so what if a couple dudes ask whats going on? is it a crime? some of you take this stuff WAY to seriously.

This guy has a point. You don't announce a project to the public like this and then complain when the public asks about it. And you certainly dont go all cop and confront everyone who asks with the fact that they aren't paying money.

This is how things go when you announce a project to a community and rightly so, you cant seriously expect them to go otherwise.

EDIT: I'd just quickly like to add that I say this because, like some of you have become sick of seeing people ask about the project, i've become sick of seeing people tell them to shut up because they haven't given anyone money and have no right to "bother".

It's not even pysco who's complaining it's this weird little cult that seems to want to swarm anyone with "aRE yOU pAying THem?!" comments if you ask about the project. This is the only reason i've been posting on this board! they're so easy to bait and it gives me something to do between classes!
tongue.gif

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
This stops NOW!

This project is real, game IS fully translated, I've played trough it, in fact I was in the first BETA TESTING team while game was still translating, there were some problems, and part of progress was lost.

Psyco created this thread to find new beta testers, people who aren't friends, aren't close by, people that are from all over the World, which means different time zones, and hard to organize and synchronize.
Even more, nobody here is payed for what they do, they do it out of their free will, and free time.
Some testers go to school, some work, so testing comes in spare time.

After all that said, you have to take in consideration that after some bugs are found at some particular part in game, and fixed, that part of game has to be played AGAIN, to see if the bug is completely fixed.
Everything that gets corrected has to be tested AGAIN, to see if it affected any other part of the game.

So people who have nothing nice to say DO NOT POST (we even have that line in GBAtemp rules), no need for trolling and flaming, and even impatient childish outbursts!
People who keep doing it will get warned, and if needed suspended!

scottasmith230

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been watching this project for some time and i am very much looking forward to it being completed. Don't let people trolling get you down they don't know what they are talking about. I would like to thank everyone involved in this project for there continuing hard work.

sadak5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
One thing about psyco work can be said in just one word: Quality.

If you prefer a half google translation with bugs, why not try to translate it yourself?

I watched this since long ago (since it started) and hoped any of the problems not disturb the release of the patch (leaks, testers not working, bugs), at the end we will get the patch with only one thing in mind, as I said, quality.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
This stops NOW!

This project is real, game IS fully translated, I've played trough it, in fact I was in the first BETA TESTING team while game was still translating, there were some problems, and part of progress was lost.

Psyco created this thread to find new beta testers, people who aren't friends, aren't close by, people that are from all over the World, which means different time zones, and hard to organize and synchronize.
Even more, nobody here is payed for what they do, they do it out of their free will, and free time.
Some testers go to school, some work, so testing comes in spare time.

After all that said, you have to take in consideration that after some bugs are found at some particular part in game, and fixed, that part of game has to be played AGAIN, to see if the bug is completely fixed.
Everything that gets corrected has to be tested AGAIN, to see if it affected any other part of the game.

So people who have nothing nice to say DO NOT POST (we even have that line in GBAtemp rules), no need for trolling and flaming, and even impatient childish outbursts!
People who keep doing it will get warned, and if needed suspended!

Thank you, this is a bit of what I tried to say, but it's more effective coming from someone with a stronger word.

How many bugs were found?

Cortador

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't read the whole thread but if it happens that you guys still need a beta tester, i'm up for it. I currently got a lot of time on my hands and i'm willing to put up effort in finding bugs in this game.
smile.gif

esserius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sad that a moderator has to step in to control such foolishness.

I wish you luck psyco. Keep up the great work.
smile.gif

WildArms

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
This game looks nice
smile.gif
it seems is almost over, hope i get to play it soon!, thanks for your hard work

PerswAsian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Since no one is addressing this and imaginations are running rampant, I'll hit it up.

Currently, there are seven known bugs being addressed in the beta build. Those will take time. Since I'm not the one dealing with it, I couldn't (and moreover, wouldn't) give a time table on that.

Additionally, this is a very wordy game. Though there are many beta testers, it seems most just wanted to play the damn game rather than actually contribute. A lion's share of the text has been edited by steirina, with another good portion being done by Leamonde.Halcyon, Psychoblaster, and me. There are other people on there, but they have made very few text contributions to the product from the look of the project's page.

Text has been finalized for the first seven stages of the game, but there is still much more to be done. I've only gotten to about stage 13's worth of text. This isn't just a grammar fix. We are trying to improve the readability and story cohesion as well. That takes time and while I had time two months ago when I started editing, I don't have as much time, now.

Text is divided into three categories: Original text (current beta build), Suggested change (where we will all contribute lines), and Finalized Text (where the best line is selected or elements from the lines are added).

I've been on the other side waiting anxiously for a project to finish before. I still am, I suppose, what with how big a fan of the Tales series I am (and having played through Innocence in Japanese without any understanding, I can't wait to play it knowing what's going on).

Point is, it will get here. It sucks having patience. Try your best, though, would you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)