The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
When I buy a mobile phone, I always keep the phone, or give it to someone else who needs it. I don't ever throw phones away.

If there's a way of getting your own MIDIs on there, I'm sure these would make great MIDI players, hehe.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Funny how phones like that would probably cost £100 years ago when phones were heavy and only had 2 line LCD screen along with an antenna that you have to pull out. Makes the toy phones look more sophisticated

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When I was compelled to have a phone I had one of the cheapo tesco ones and you know it made calls, sent the odd text message, had a battery that lasted about a week if I used the thing and took some serious punishment (more than a few throws against the wall, off high stuff (several stories on occasion) under wheels, through water and what have you).

Having also spent a few weeks now resoldering and repairing phones that have no more than what I had but useless cameras and media players built in because someone was unfortunate enough to drop them from a coffee table or use them outside a clean room I can see this being a good thing.

Of course when less than legit stuff costs that much.....

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
FAST6191 said:
When I was compelled to have a phone I had one of the cheapo tesco ones and you know it made calls, sent the odd text message, had a battery that lasted about a week if I used the thing and took some serious punishment (more than a few throws against the wall, off high stuff (several stories on occasion) under wheels, through water and what have you).

Having also spent a few weeks now resoldering and repairing phones that have no more than what I had but useless cameras and media players built in because someone was unfortunate enough to drop them from a coffee table or use them outside a clean room I can see this being a good thing.

Of course when less than legit stuff costs that much.....
I destroyed my first phone (Nokia 3310) because I put it in my jacket when I was in school and I was swinging on my chair when suddenly, my jacket pocket swung under the chair leg and CRACK. Goodbye LCD screen. Cost £50 to repair but by then I was using a phone that had colour screen which was a big deal to me at that time.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nice disposable phones for travelers. I had to buy a few when I traveled to America because I'm on a CDMA network

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
science said:
Nice disposable phones for travelers.

Getting off topic perhaps but the last couple of European ferries I went on had sim card machines onboard. Then again it seems Europe actually ended with a half decent phone system somehow.

James B.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Teej said:
When I buy a mobile phone, I always keep the phone, or give it to someone else who needs it. I don't ever throw phones away.

If there's a way of getting your own MIDIs on there, I'm sure these would make great MIDI players, hehe.

Obviously you haven't had a cell phone from Virgin Mobile.

They suck some hardcore ass, no PC cable, no Bluetooth, no micro SD slot, no Sim Card.

Just a battery.

They.. suck..

EDIT: Just in case you were wondering, this is a 100 dollar phone.

Dont buy it.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FAST6191 said:
science said:
Nice disposable phones for travelers.

Getting off topic perhaps but the last couple of European ferries I went on had sim card machines onboard. Then again it seems Europe actually ended with a half decent phone system somehow.
In terms of phones and telecom Europe >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> USA

Especially the cool phone booths they have in france

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Friends of the Earth said: "Asda claims to be committed to reducing its environmental impact but is encouraging a throwaway culture by marketing cut-price electronic goods as disposable items."

rolleyes.gif

Might just buy one now as it seems to be annoying them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/