Ascension

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Forstride, Feb 2, 2011.

Feb 2, 2011

Ascension by Forstride at 5:58 AM (858 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Forstride
    OP

Member Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

United States
    So, the new Zombies map, Ascension, which is in the First Strike map pack for Black Ops is by far the best Zombies map ever. It's massive, has TONS of stuff to find/open, 2 new perks, etc...

I made it to round 14 just now with 4 people including myself, and it was just awesome and fun.

Discuss the new map here, comments about it, etc.

2. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    i was considering getting this for PS3 - but then i realized that it just doesn't seem to work anymore (black ops that is)

don't get me wrong, not trolling on the game or console but meh obvious that the PS3 is the most inferior version

as a positive note, yes i was able to try this at my neighbours, not bad, and yeah definately best zombie map, the other maps are FINE, i liked the settings, Berlin Wall is amazing, but not so much when it came to "tactical" gameplay, then again i didn't play them that much so i can't judge

highly thinking about selling off my PS3 version, and then buying it on PC, neither the less i say it's really worth it for this map pack

regardless, i wish they would make like a zombie map pack, and then just a map map pack; would be better.

3. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    Feels more blog worthy really. Except for the last sentence, the rest isn't really a set up for an active discussion.
    On topic: I dislike the zombies mode. I find it boring, repetitive, and overall, meh. I highly doubt one map will be able to change my mind.

@Maz7006: Don't trade off the PS3 version for the PC version. The versions are equally as terribly made. Hell, the PC may even be worse off than the PS3.

4. DryYoshi

Member DryYoshi Love child of Dry Bones and Yoshi

Netherlands
    On a NON Jtag forum, litterally everyone is uploading this stupid pack.

5. Sop

Banned Sop groovy dude lmao

Australia
    Zombies are my addiction! My highest is round 42 solo on kino der toten. Don't have XBL.. Do you need a gold membership to buy this, or just to play online? Because I'm going to make a free account.
    P.S This map looks amazing!!

6. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    you can use the market even as a Free user.

@Nathan Drake : i wouldn't have even considered the pc version if i didn't try it ( i was sort of those pissed from the ps3 version and i felt so robbed of my money); at first it was quite apoling as well, my cousin bought it at first on steam and it wouldn't even work [​IMG] but then after maybe i say 3 patches or so, he invited me round, and my gosh does the game look epic (graphically) on the PC ! The PS3 looks like utter crap (for some not all maps) not to mention there was no lag whilst on the console version i have i would barely find a good game (i mean after like 3 times dropping in and out if games i'd finally be able to find a good enough host and luckily he'd stick around for some time)

with KZ3 coming up, i suppose i will trade it in, since when the next CoD comes in nobody will be willing to trade it anymore.

7. MissingNo._

Member MissingNo._ aka MissingNoL

United States
    I was considering buying First Strike, but then saw the Battlefield: Bad Company 2 DLC and this made me think; why would I buy it?
    Sure, I bought the Map Pack Bundle for W@W and the Noble pack for Halo: Reach, but this? 1200 just for four Multiplayer maps and one new Zombie map? (Well, Achievements are cool, too, but not this time around) I'm considering waiting to finish up other games and then buy this pack, maybe in a bundle if that happens.

Either way, the Achievements looks intriging. I should just go to a friend's house and plumb 'em all there. It's usually what I do.

8. Framework43

Member Framework43 I'm International

United States
    I'm not the hugest fan of zombies, but I LOVE this map, its really fun to play with friends.
    The most rounds I've gone through are 12 , but I don't even care because its so fun.

The Map Pack is pretty decent. The only regular maps I like of the 4 are Berlin Wall and I'm starting to like Kowloon. Stadium is pretty cool, all though I thought it would be better. I HATE Discovery. Not really fun to me at all.

I'll probably like the maps even more as I get used to them(I will always hate Discovery).
    I really miss Infinity Ward's gaming engine though(I love you COD4), and REALLY miss COD4 & MW2 Maps.
    To me, One of Black Ops weakest points are the maps and the sniping ;(