Hacking As of this moment, which customer firmware is the "best?"

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using rxTools as my first and only CW so far on my 3DS and it works just fine with no issues but I'm curious to know what my other options are.

Out of all the ones currently available which one has the most features and support going for it? Support being one reason I want to look elsewhere because of the original creator of rxTools retiring his program and as a result no more support for it.

Margen67

Dirty entited pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using rxTools as my first and only CW so far on my 3DS and it works just fine with no issues but I'm curious to know what my other options are.

Out of all the ones currently available which one has the most features and support going for it? Support being one reason I want to look elsewhere because of the original creator of rxTools retiring his program and as a result no more support for it.
AuReiNand or CakesFW with A9LH is the best. https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
With A9LH you won't need an emunand so you won't need to install GBA, etc cias twice, you will have 100% boot rate, instant boot times, and you will save space on your SD card.
You can also open Decrypt9 on boot so you can unbrick your 3DS without a hardmod.

the best right now are those who supports a9lh (AuReiNAND and Cakes).
^
#A9LHMasterRace

ew gross

Last edited by Margen67,
Reactions: DSoryu and Froster

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll work on installing arm9loader when I have the free time (heard it takes 3 hours to install on average)

What is the difference between ReiNand and AuReiNand? Either one sounds like the best option so far.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

The easiest to use and also probably the best is AuReiNAND. It has some additional features over other CFW, especially when using a9lh.

I'll work on installing arm9loader when I have the free time (heard it takes 3 hours to install on average)

What is the difference between ReiNand and AuReiNand? Either one sounds like the best option so far.
I'm installing a9lh on my o3DS right now. It's downgrading emuNAND right now, and so far I've spent 2 hours on it, so it definitely takes a long time. Part of the reason for that is the multiple NAND backups you have to make.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Depends what you want.

AuReiNand is the most active right now with regular new releases and test builds, which is why so many people are switching to it. Development is also really transparent with AuroraWright being very active in the thread. Cakes has more features with its 'cake' system whereas AuReiNand is simple by design.

rxTools has fallen behind recently due to inactivity and failure to fully support A9LH, and nobody really knows what's going on with the development due to complete lack of communication. Here's hoping it recovers.

Last edited by sj33,

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No they're not, Cakes is shit while AuReiNAND is not.
Give them a reason..
Reboot patches on the o3DS for Cakes are trash.
You cannot play games such as Smash Bros/Monster Hunter and GBA/DSiware at the same time. You have to choose one or the other.

On AuReiNAND, you can do both.

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

coinblock

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm still using RxTools and running 9.5 emunand on my N3DS. I don't see the point in upgrading to another CFW when this currently plays everything I need it to, and online still works.

Plus, other CFWs still don't have region free working, and running freemultipatcher every time I want to play out of region games is annoying.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Plus, other CFWs still don't have region free working, and running freemultipatcher every time I want to play out of region games is annoying.

There are multiple ways to get region free now without needing RxTools or waiting for other CFW authors to add region-free:

1. Yifan Lu's Loader replacement (will work with any CFW that supports decrypted firmware.bin, so that means AuReiNand and regular ReiNand for now, but regular Rei needs an extra step)
  2. Hard-patched Home Menu & NS CIAs (prefer option 1 when possible, this is dirty).
  3. FMP/RFP/NTR-CFW (you mentioned this, yes, but that doesn't make it any less valid, even if it's annoying).

Reactions: peteruk

hobbledehoy899

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
[QUOTE="daxtsu, post: 6208563, member: 83446]
  • Yifan Lu's Loader replacement (will work with any CFW that supports decrypted firmware.bin, so that means AuReiNand and regular ReiNand for now, but regular Rei needs an extra step)[/QUOTE]How?

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
AuReiNAND had a good reboot patch

Cake is good,but .... not reboot patch like AuReiNAND,maybe next new format release...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it