As of now..

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by jchen, Mar 31, 2007.

Mar 31, 2007

As of now.. by jchen at 5:09 AM (1,073 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. jchen
    OP

Member jchen GBAtemp Regular

United States
    is the R4 the best Slot 1 card, Any future cards that may be better but not expensive? Are the new batches problem free?

2. muhamad520

Newcomer muhamad520 Advanced Member

United States
    What was the problems with the other batches mine works perfect

3. iwakura

Member iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

United States
    you cant really call anything the best. i'd say buy a DS-X. but thats 4x the price of an R4. so u might as well buy 4 R4s, even with problems, its most likely that all 4 will be perfect.

price and DS-X comparison, I'd say R4 is definately the best.

4. outphase

Member outphase Custom title

United States
    Well, there will be a card in the future that will predict what games you like. You can signify them by a thumbs up or down. You can also pause and rewind midgame. or was that TiVo... no one knows what comes for the future.

5. Swordmyth

Banned Swordmyth Banned

United States
    R4 has 100% Rom compatibility so there is really can be no other flash cart better unless you only care about homebrew.

6. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    The R4DS has proven itself to be a great card, but it does have a few issues.

I've owned my R4DS for about 3 months now....

Issue 1; problem with locking the microSD in it's slot. This manifests itself over a few days/weeks of use. The microSD may refuse to lock after a few cycles of removal and insertions This is a common problem with the R4DS.

Issue 2; Download play doesn't work on many games made by Nintendo......and possibly others publishers. Trial an error....

Issue 3; A couple games may not function properly....Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin may crash on you if you're not using a really fast microSD card, and Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam runs slow, but both games tend to have these problems on most flashcarts.

There is no way to know for sure that future flashcarts won't also have these issues too. But we can hope.

The M3 slot1 card is essentially the same as the R4. Keep that in mind.

Future flashcart abilities will be unknown until they are are released and fully tested by the community.

While I haven't actually tried to play either game in "issue 3", I can say that I've ran about 75 games in my R4DS and have had ZERO issues thus far.

Hope that helps ya!