As Bad As It Sounds...?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by LeonardoGolden, Jun 30, 2009.

Jun 30, 2009

As Bad As It Sounds...? by LeonardoGolden at 4:08 AM (1,428 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. LeonardoGolden
    OP

Member LeonardoGolden GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I want to install cioscorp, but I've heard a lot about it potentially bricking wiis and overall being unsafe.

Is this true or are they rumors? How could it cause a brick?

2. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    ok first off.
    what verison is your wii?
    what 5 digits do your wii serial start with?
    what else do you have installed?
    anything you can describe about it?

if you have lu64 numbered wii, then cioscorp or downgrading will brick the wii.

3. LeonardoGolden
    OP

United States
    It's 4.0

LU101

I have preloader, cIOS 13 (not 13b), some wad channels and DVDX.

I can't describe it as a problematic Wii, but it used to do this weird thing of saying that the files were corrupt but a reset fixed it. It hasn't happened recently so I'm guessing it's gone.

4. xzxero

United States
  5. air2004

Member air2004 Air

United States
    what is the point of using that prog ?
    I have a lu56 and I want to do is to get wsr jap to work , will that prog help?

6. xzxero

United States
    idk what "wsr" is but im guessing its a game.
    cioscorp lets you boot mostly every game directly from the disc channel.

ive tried other region games, so it's foreign region compatible.

7. air2004

Member air2004 Air

United States
    wsr is wii sports resort jap

8. ocdetective

Member ocdetective GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Malaysia
    How to get WSR running has been well documented on both this sub forum and the backup subforum. The Alt-Dol trick makes it work just fine. It is far safer to do that than install cioscorp!

9. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    It's regarded as unsafe because it tampers with EVERY IOS on your system and modifies them much like Waninkoko's cIOS does. The difference between Waninkoko's and CIOSCORP is that Waninkoko's modifies one official IOS and then installs that to IOS249 which nothing else uses. CIOSCORP however modifies all of the official IOS's and installs them over the ACTUAL ones your system.

Because of this things like the hackmii installer won't even recognize any vulnerabilities on your Wii and won't allow you to install anything because it basically just doesn't want to fuck with that shit.

Also trying to do anything else with your firmware can be dangerous after installing CIOSCORP if you don't know what you're doing and most likely would have to be removed and reinstalled afterwards anyways.

Basically in terms of what you get for what you do to your Wii, it's totally not worth it. You're basically modifying every one of your IOS's to be able to click on a box that shows the animation of the game that's inside the Wii instead of clicking a box that will just load it just as well without showing a pretty picture.

Even at that I think you can even just have preloader run the system menu off of IOS249 and games would work from the disc channel as well, and that involves a lot less installing and patching crap. Not positive if that works, but I do recall seeing that somewhere.

10. beegee7730

Banned beegee7730 ITS PAAFEKUTO!

United Kingdom
    Just use a USB loader.

11. silkyskeeter

Member silkyskeeter GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Correction....NO ONE knows for sure a sure fire way to get WSR-J to work (just what worked for them) The alt-dol only alows you to see the Wii-motion video that plays. Afterwards you could still be left ,after the alt dol trick, with a still none working game.....don't be pompous.......Bricked my Wii 2 days ago trying to get that game to work

But as Far as CIOSCORP goes it is an awesome way to run backups if you don't have usb HDD. Because you don't have to worry about having the right IOS to run a game like 90+% of all GC and Wii games work with it without having to worry about the stupid errors you get from running APPs suc h as Neogamma and GeckoOS. If you don't have a LU65 Wii then go for it.....but for the love of god.....FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS EXACTLY or you will brick your Wii....that is why ppl say it is so risky....do one part of the process too soon or in the wrong order and you will semi brick your Wii. Depending on what you do during that semi-brick you can fully brick your Wii. My advise to you is to make sure you are running 3.2 and install bootmii boot2, savemii, and preloader along side CIOSCORP so if you get semi-bricked you can just hold reset and still have access to your Wii. And from experience, NEVER UNINSTALL ANY IOS THINKING IT WILL FIX YOUR SEMI-BRICK .....LoL that is what happenned to me trying to get WSR-J to work.

12. Servdogg

Member Servdogg GBAtemp Regular

United States
    CIOScorp can be uninstalled really easily. And also the drawback to loaders versus cioscorp that no one really mentions is that loaders take up to 15-20 seconds sometimes to load a game (and off-region games require you to force NTSC), while cioscorp with region free hack in preloader enabled allows for region free disc channel loading, which only takes about 5 seconds. Its not a huge amount of time to wait, but life is too short to wait around for games to load.

13. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    90+ %..?? tell me wich games don't work, cause I only know the japanese games and that's because of not having the language on your console, but they are like 2 or 3 games out of tons..!! [​IMG]

and finally no one has send me the WSR to check if CIOScorp can run it just as a normal disc thru the Disc Channel, so someone with the game please install CIOScorp and try the God Damn game to see if there is a problem, I'm almost sure that it will work as any other game (I'm unsure because of the language)..!! [​IMG]

14. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    It can only brick your Wii if you bought your unit in the last 6 months, and that issue you mentioned I think I saw something related about Preloader and the SysMenu 4.0, but it was using the waninkoko's updater and there was a fix too, don't know about this cause I will stay at 3.2 untill "N" gives me a really good reason to update, not that shitty SD loading thing worthless..!!

15. Servdogg

Member Servdogg GBAtemp Regular

United States
    WSR runs through the disc channel on an NTSC-U 4.0 console. Once you play the video for special people about attaching and unattaching your wii motion plus, and save a file then you can play it throught a usb-loader also.

16. LeonardoGolden
    OP

United States
    If that is true I will gladly remove cIOScorp from my system.

Any confirmation on this?