ARVORE announces their next VR game 'YUKI', set in an anime universe

yuki.png
Based in São Paulo, VR studio ARVORE develops some compelling VR titles. They worked on acclaimed VR titles Pixel Ripped 1995 and The Line, the latter being a personal favourite on the Quest as it showcases the potentials of the device's hand-tracking feature and packs it in a touching story. The studio has now announced its next title: YUKI. It puts you in the shoes of an imaginative child who flies an action figure of her favorite anime character, Yuki, through multidimensional worlds.

For the gameplay, the developers were inspired by classic games like STAR FOX, and is described as a bullet hell VR game with roguelite mechanics, that is however said to be an accessible “pick up and play” game. YUKI is also said to explore the players’ spatial awareness and body movement as they use their hands to fly Yuki and dodge bullets and obstacles coming their way across multiple procedural levels.

YUKI is slated for release on Oculus Quest and Steam in the first half of 2021, with a PlayStation VR release expected for later next year.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Volttekka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neat idea, just not sure if the whole VR angle will actually benefit or hurt something like this.

Also, personal gripe, but I wish that when things were anime-inspired that they'd do stuff like Guilty Gear Xrd and have the cool lighting to make it actually look animesque

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool, there don't seem to be many Japanese/Anime VR games. (This one is from Brazil!)
I want to see a VR DB/Z game one day beam struggles in VR would be amazing!
A version of that is on VRChat. It's pretty fun. I fought Shaggy and the Tenth Doctor one time, and both people were doing good impressions of their characters.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DTApple
    please let me look cool as well
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtzMUJIofNg