[Article] FREE SPEECH CRACKDOWN: Europe tells British press NOT to reveal if terrorists are Muslims

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by mech, Oct 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mech
    OP

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Vanuatu
  2. Engert

Engert I love me

Jan 21, 2012
    United States
    Taxachusetts
    Man, what is the world coming to with all this political correctness bullshit.

So when investigating terrorist suspects we should check into 5 year old toddlers and 90 year old grandmas because we don't know who did it.

ZzzWayne, VinLark and Chary like this.
  3. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ ☠️Grunt☠️

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    You can really blame the general public's reaction to terrorists. Every time something happens and it's revealed that the Terrorist was a Muslim, the rest of the Muslim community gets attacked over it.

Last edited by Lilith Valentine, Oct 6, 2016
    Bad Bunny, MichiS97, Fatih120 and 7 others like this.
  4. Scarlet

Scarlet It's Basically Christmas

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Scarlet is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Middleish North-Left
    Is this really limiting freedom of speech, or is it just avoiding unnecessary xenophobia towards the majority of Muslims?

MichiS97, Nightwish, Fatih120 and 6 others like this.
  5. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Last edited by Viri, Oct 6, 2016
  6. Lilith Valentine

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Islam isn't a race nor does it have a standard look to it. As well there's no reason to hold an entire group of people accountable for the actions of a handful of them.
    This would be like holding every Christian accountable for crimes like the child molestation cases from Catholic priests or Christian terrorists that go mostly ignored.

7. Depravo

Depravo KALSARIKÄNNIT

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Depravo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 13, 2008
    Purgatory
    And yet the article doesn't actually quote the part of the report that explicitly says "Do not reveal if terrorists are Muslims".

8. DinohScene

DinohScene Capture the Dino

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Terrorist yells ALLAHU AKBAR and blows himself up.
    SURELY HE'S A FUCKING BUDDHIST!
    No fucking question about it!

Get your fucking shit together Europe, stop being such a fucking cuckhold.

9. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Yuh, I know it isn't a race, I get sick of being called racist for hating Islam. They should be held accountable if they don't denounce the people who make their religion look bad, and don't actively demand an Islamic reform, like Christianity had.

We should be if they don't hold those Priests accountable for their actions and protest for them to get kicked out of their church! Uhu, I'm sure Catholic terrorism isn't ignored, it's just that, I dunno, Islamic terrorism tends to outnumber "Catholic terrorism", by ya know, a bit?

Also, when you gonna show me girl penis?

10. retrofan_k

retrofan_k GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 31, 2013
    Belarus
    Caves
    That's exactly it tbh. Personally, I don't give a shit about PC, as I'm old school.

This announcement is quite ridiculous when you think about it properly

11. Autz

Autz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 18, 2016
    Venezuela
    Of course, but trying to ignore the fact that most of the terrorist out there are muslims is not intelligent either.

12. Lilith Valentine

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    But they do, people just ignore them. No one focuses on good Muslims, they only focus on the bad ones.

Those were examples, but Christian Terrorist just get ignored by the media or are presented as isolated incidents. No one holds the entire group of Christians accountable for terrorism like they do Muslims. And Christian terrorist groups aren't as small as one would think
    http://aattp.org/here-are-8-christian-terrorist-organizations-that-equal-isis/
    In fact, there are still countless groups that go completely ignored compared Islamic groups.

Honestly just focusing on the terrorist for being terrorist might be the best way to handle these issues. There's no reason to bring in the rest of the community
    That's actually not completely true.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/omar-alnatour/muslims-are-not-terrorist_b_8718000.html
    http://www.globalresearch.ca/non-mu...0-of-all-terrorist-attacks-in-america/5333619
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...tians-but-muslim-terrorists-are-true-muslims/

Bad Bunny and Nightwish like this.
  13. mech
    OP

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Vanuatu
    This is the kind of crap that we, the UK are trying to separate away from. The EU is still trying to rule the UK even after brexit.

hobbledehoy899, Chary and Engert like this.
  14. evandixon

evandixon PMD Researcher

May 29, 2009
    United States
    Brexit hasn't happened yet.

Although I am curious about what happens if the British Press just ignores the EU.

15. Depravo

Depravo KALSARIKÄNNIT

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Oct 13, 2008
    Purgatory
    I had to edit the title of your other thread due to this misunderstanding. Are you truly not aware that the UK has NOT left the EU yet and that it is likely to take a number of years for the 'brexit' process to be completed?

16. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Maybe because they are isolated incidents? How often do you hear of a Christian terrorist attack? I bet if I brought up a car bombing in Islamic country#62 you'd assume "What else is new?" that's how often you get Islamic terrorism. As for the link, yeah, I stopped reading when they brought up the KKK. From the way people talk about the KKK, you'd assume they're lynching black people daily. The KKK is like dead, and hasn't done shit in so long.

Hah, I was curious about a car bombing, and yeah, like clock work. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...t-least-one-seriously-injured-after-car-bomb/

Last edited by Viri, Oct 6, 2016
  17. mech
    OP

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Vanuatu
    Slip of the tonge, its a done deal anyway so dont cry about it.

18. Lilith Valentine

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    All terrorist attacks are isolated incidents. They still only represent a small number of the most extreme. And you know why we don't hear about them? Because they go ignored by the media. Your argument proves my point, they only focus on every single Muslim terrorist, no matter how large or how small, they will still link them to the entire Muslim community. Christian terrorist attacks are either ignored or labeled something else, like "Mass shootings."
    The KKK as a whole may not the be the group is used to be, but there are still incidents held in their name.

19. Depravo

Depravo KALSARIKÄNNIT

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Oct 13, 2008
    Purgatory
    I'm not denying that. We voted to leave and leave we will but until then we're still part of the EU so it shouldn't cause any surprise or outrage when the EU treat us like part of the EU.

Anyway, are we all avoiding the elephant in the room? None of the quotes in the article, either from the report or from Christian Ahlund himself, suggest what the sensationalist headline implies.

20. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    Actually it isn't. The EU referendum wasn't legally binding. If the government doesn't get a reasonable deal for the UK then I am under no illusion that they will just trigger Article 50 anyway.

VinLark likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.