Hacking .ARP file on my DSTT. What is this file?

ndsdave

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've been playing Super Mario64 DS from my NDSTT Card. I'm aware of what the .nds and .sav files are - but have not yet seen a .ARP file. Does this have something to do with the game being multi player?

I don't recall dropping this .ARP file onto the card - Any ideas?

Super Mario 64 DS (v01) (U).nds
Super Mario 64 DS (v01) (U).ARP
Super Mario 64 DS (v01) (U).sav

Thanks in advance
dave

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
ARP...

ARP...

Action RePlay ?
unsure.gif

ndsdave

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've delete the file, but I'll play with the DSTT action replay settings/buttons and see if I can generate the file again. Action Replay sounds pretty close. If I can generate the file again, I'll host it straight away.

Dave

ndsdave

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I got my hands on the .ARP file. I opened it with notepad and it seems to contain cheat information that I setup prior to launching the game! Here is the file for anyone interested...

Download 0056 - Super Mario 64 DS (v01) (U).ARP @ http://www.filecrunch.com/file/~wlrnoi

So, does the action replay feature only allow cheat codes to be used, or does it have some other "replay" type feature affiliated with it?

Shagsta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Action Replay is a cheating system that has been around for years. It's never had anything to do with actual replays.

lcdec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry, it just does that when you pick out a cheat from the DSTT and then you press save on the cheat screen, I get those to when ever I save the cheats. The .ARP file is just so when you want to play the game again, you don't have to pick out the cheats for the game again.

Teh H4rRy

Trophies
XP
Country
Am i seeing this right or is there no text in this post? or any replies?

i am guessing its an additional save file

I searched around *which isnt very hard, why you didnt do it yourself i dont know" Its a file created when you use the built in cheat manager

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM