• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 1,850
  • Replies 15
  • Likes 7
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
I admit I was wrong about ARMS being "just" an enhanced version of Wii Sports. It's not. It's actually pretty amazing.

Played the Testpunch sessions with the Pro Controller and it felt like the old days of Dragon Ball Z: Tenkaichi / Xenoverse which is to say, highly addictive and easy to control. I did try to play with the Joy-Cons like I did back on the Switch Premiere but the Pro Controller for me has become the way to play ARMS.

There's not too many combos per say on ARMS but the ones in it (as of now) are sufficient, once you get used to the character you'll learn different ways to use the same combo and attack the other players with it. Graphically speaking, it looks really nice and detailed without any complains there.

Having said that, I've decided I'll be getting ARMS on launch and here's hoping they'll release DLC characters (crossovers from Sega and Bandai would be sweet!).

ARMS Testpunch has two online (random modes) - Combat and Volleyball. Loved both of 'em but Volleyball a bit more 'cause it was reminiscence of the ol' Tekken 3 volleyball days. :)

Screenshots:

DAyyF6eVYAAo5iR.jpg

DAyx_QLV0AM3us9.jpg

DAyx6qxUAAAAc9u.jpg

DAyx11tV0AAFs9i.jpg

DAyxq4JUQAAhf5i.jpg

DAyxmFgUQAAECs6.jpg

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
I feel like those two are polar opposites of each other when talking about DBZ games. Which is it? The depth and freedom of Budokai Tenkaichi, or the mind-numbing nothingness of Xenoverse?
Tenkaichi and Xenoverse are very alike as they share the same behind-the-shoulder, third person view and with easy combos to do but Xenoverse at least didn't have 100+ clones of the same characters and then call them "new" characters. :P

Fun games nontheless.

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
Tenkaichi and Xenoverse are very alike as they share the same behind-the-shoulder, third person view and with easy combos to do but Xenoverse at least didn't have 100+ clones of the same characters and then call them "new" characters. :P

Fun games nontheless.
Oh, I see what you meant now. I was thinking quality of the combat but you were more talking the type of game.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
From what I played of it then they have either improved it considerably since the demo, not that I am expecting waggle controls anything to set the world on fire, or it will be a must own by virtue of the library being a tiny bit sparse right now.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Splatoon 2 looked like Splatoon 1 so I guess it will be some kind of general online/competitive affair, and likely will be for some time to come.

I can not see ARMS having anything close to that future. As a party game maybe then cleanser between mario kart or something and something else.

No idea which will be cheaper in a few months if you prefer to play it that way, though I imagine splatoon will hold up for a while.

Personally I would not put down real money for either, maybe a $10 affair, but I don't think I am really the target market.

ItsTheWolf

Splatoon 2 Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Love the game, but my muscle hurts as hell after the first Testpunch session. Can't even punch much in the third session and had to quit early.

Just wish they have a practice mode in the demo so I can get the feel of the fighter before going in for the online matches. (I know warm up is there but it's not enough)

Now I can't decide between ARMS and Splatoon 2.
Why not both? I'm getting both :D

My wallet won't be happy though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.