Homebrew arm9select - my own take on a A9LH file select

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As asked before: is there any possibility of loading Gateway's launcher.dat via a9lh?

If you can launch a 3dsx, you techincally could use the Gateway 3dsx that loads the launcher.dat

I don't know much about arm9loaderhax though, too lazy/listless to get my OTP.

Real.96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you can launch a 3dsx, you techincally could use the Gateway 3dsx that loads the launcher.dat

I don't know much about arm9loaderhax though, too lazy/listless to get my OTP.
I'm extracting now my otp, i'll try it and i'll tell if it works

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
As asked before: is there any possibility of loading Gateway's launcher.dat via a9lh?

Not until Gateway provides their own A9LH payload. The closest you can get for now is using AuReiNand to boot into sysNAND directly, followed by running the HB Launcher CIA (or that custom one which launches the Gateway 3dsx directly). You can't run 3dsx files from A9LH itself. The 3DS OS isn't up and running when A9LH is booted, and you need that OS up and running to run 3dsx files.

Real.96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Not until Gateway provides their own A9LH payload. The closest you can get for now is using AuReiNand to boot into sysNAND directly, followed by running the HB Launcher CIA (or that custom one which launches the Gateway 3dsx directly). You can't run 3dsx files from A9LH itself. The 3DS OS isn't up and running when A9LH is booted, and you need that OS up and running to run 3dsx files.
Uh undersood. Thanks!

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Gateway's launcher probably won't work. Even getting screen init may not be enough. A lot of keys aren't setup yet at the time arm9loaderhax is started, so gateway's launcher won't work properly. Perhaps you could get it to work by first creating a payload launcher that sets up all the keys. But good luck with that. Might as well just wait for Gateway to do it. :P

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What file names to I use if wanting to use the d-pad? D-Pad Up for example?

Reactions: daxtsu and peteruk

FIX94

Former Staff
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hmm A9L version of Decrypt9 doesn't seem to boot. Anyone got an updated version of it? Perhaps my version is just a little too old....

Or it's not enabling screen for some reason?
works fine for me, you also have a up_bl file and use my a9lh fork for it?

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Wait... up_bl without bin extension?

I just made a copy with up_bl.bin as the file name. That could have been the issue.

EDIT: It still failed to init screen.

The d9 payload worked because console rebooted when I hit start. So it's just the screen that's not doing init. The payload I'm launching expects screen to already be init, so it won't screen init by itseff. Arm9select is still not doing screen init for this one. :(

I have original A9L. I did not update to the screen init version because I didn't want to have the 3D bug come back now that I have a n3DS. I'm using D-Pad Up as the button combo for Decrypt9.

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is it possible to update to your fork of A9L or I've got to re-compile the whole thing? (Or maybe we can use dark_samus updater with the file from your build?)

FIX94

Former Staff
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is it possible to update to your fork of A9L or I've got to re-compile the whole thing? (Or maybe we can use dark_samus updater with the file from your build?)
compiling it takes like 30 seconds so you're better off doing that.

D

Deleted User

Do I use loader.bin in the root of the folder or do I use arm9loaderhax.bin in the data_output folder? I put both on there for now just to be safe

Last edited by ,

Bobbery18

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Not really a question about the loader specifically, but when dark_samus updates his fork of a9lh with recovery menu (or really anything in the future) will you update yours too (or is there a way to combine the forks)? I love that in yours the screen stays black until the payload is actually loaded, but would still like to use updates from dark_samus's fork.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1