Hacking arm9loaderhax vs IOSU

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I like arm9loaderhax, but then I also like IOSU. But which is better? There's only one way to find out:
Harry-Hill-Fight-AP-WDC5.jpg

nooby89

A normal member with a stupid alias
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Logically, arm9loaderhax is the best because is a hax on the SysNAND.
Because the IOSU hack is a RedNAND hack, am I right ?

RyDog

Lazy Animal Crossing hacks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's best to compare arm9 kernel with IOSU kernel.
They both allow full access to the system... but what baffles me is why a vanilla 3DS on 11.1 only has userland home brew but the latest Wii U version has a kernel exploit to allow cheating and pirating... :unsure:

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
a9lh possibly because its a hardware relient hack. iosu is an exploit in the software that can be patched afaik.
arm9loaderhax is also software, it's just extremely difficult, if not impossible, to patch once installed (you can patch installing it though)

The closest thing to a hardware hack would be a bootrom exploit.

hmp22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's best to compare arm9 kernel with IOSU kernel.
They both allow full access to the system... but what baffles me is why a vanilla 3DS on 11.1 only has userland home brew but the latest Wii U version has a kernel exploit to allow cheating and pirating... :unsure:
It's worth considering 3DS is actually profitable for Nintendo and therefore merits them putting actual effort into preventing piracy, while the Wii U wasn't generating any revenue in the first place

RyDog

Lazy Animal Crossing hacks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Adding on to my previous message: IOSU exploit is like arm9exploit where it can be patched with firmware update (like MSET exploit or 9.2) but if the devs find a IOSUloaderhax in Wii U, then you can compare the hacks :tpi:

D

Deleted User

iirc otp dumping on wii u is possible, don't know which firmwares it works on tho

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: A couple of meth heads chained to a treadmill and a generator clean reliable power for days