ARM9LoaderHax - sysNAND and emuNAND swap after everything is ready

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by mvmiranda, Mar 16, 2016.

1. mvmiranda
    OP

mvmiranda GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 29, 2013
    Brazil
    Brazil, Sao Paulo
    Hello Guys,

I have set up A9LH and everything works like a charm, except for GW, and I believe it's because the way I have A9LH set up.

When I did it I decided to point my arm9loaderhax.3dsx to my emuNAND 10.6 and then I injected my sysNAND 9.2 back to my emuNAND.
    So after setting my AuReiNand to updatednand I have it booting directly to my sysNAND instead of emuNAND.
    This works flawlessly and if I boot holding L sysNAND 9.2 boots, MenuHax kicks in and I can even use homebrews.
    But not everything is a "honey moon" and Gateway (GW.3dsx) does not work (I believe it's because I'm trying to launch it from emuNAND).

So, the big question is: can I just swap NANDs and will I have to set it up from the ground up (I still have my arm9loaderhax.3dsx I generated from my otp.bin) and this time chose NAND.bin as being my sysNAND 9.2 NAND (instead of emuNAND 10.6)?

Thx!

2. Mistie

Mistie Legit Furry Trash

Jan 20, 2016
    Canada
    Hyrule
    Make sure you have the firmware90.bin in your rei folder. GW should be able to boot if present.

daxtsu and mvmiranda like this.
  3. mvmiranda
    OP

mvmiranda GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 29, 2013
    Brazil
    Brazil, Sao Paulo
    It is...
    But all i get is a black screen

4. kamesenin888

kamesenin888 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 20, 2007
    gateway works with arm9loader?

5. LinkSoraZelda

LinkSoraZelda GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2015
    United States
    Land of the Rising Orange
    You can install arm9loaderhax to emunand? Whoops, I thought the red screen meant nothing when I accidentally clicked it on emunand, as it works fine as before.

6. mvmiranda
    OP

mvmiranda GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 29, 2013
    Brazil
    Brazil, Sao Paulo
    yeah, it doesn't work for me!
    I have firmware90.bin and firmware.bin but booting emuNAND 9.2 holding L and loading GW.3dsx via homebrew manager always gets me to a black screen and I have to power the console down.

I wonder if there's anyone using A9LH and Gateway? If so, how did you set it up?

7. LinkSoraZelda

Aug 12, 2015
    United States
    Well. Some installed a modified CIA of the homebrew launcher which boots Gateway, but again, I guess it's not practical for a9lh users.

mvmiranda likes this.
  8. mvmiranda
    OP

mvmiranda GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 29, 2013
    Brazil
    Brazil, Sao Paulo
    Indeed!
    I read here someone telling someone else he used A9LH and gateway just fine but he setup A9LH in his 9.2 sysNAND and had a 9.2 emuNAND as well.
    His A9LH booted directly to emuNAND and when he pressed L in his sysNAND, which he used to load homebrew launcher then GW.

I think I'm gonna try this out...

LinkSoraZelda likes this.
  9. LinkSoraZelda

Aug 12, 2015
    United States
    By the way, the build of Homebrew Launcher you want is floating around in the Homebrew Development and Emulators section. You'll know when you find it.
    EDIT: here ya go. https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-hb-launcher-mod-cia-for-gateway.416449/#post-6115526

Last edited by LinkSoraZelda, Mar 16, 2016
  10. Bu2d85

Bu2d85 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    Bu2d85 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2014
    United States
    You can not load GW from emunand. It has to load from sysnand.

The setup you want if using GW is a 9.2 sysnand with menuhax or the modded GW cia and a 10.7 emunand.

There is no other way.

mvmiranda likes this.
  11. mvmiranda
    OP

mvmiranda GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 29, 2013
    Brazil
    Brazil, Sao Paulo
    Thanks mate!