Arm9LoaderHax; and why you should use mset + rxtools instead

Discussion in 'The Edge of the Forum' started by xtheman, Dec 1, 2016.

1. xtheman
    OP

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    So I have seen a lot of smartasses lately switching to a hack called "Arm9loaderhax" and stupidly updating sysnand to the latest firmware claiming it is always safe. I'll just say one thing: Enjoy your brick.

So now these smartasses are trying to corrupt fellow rxtools users to use this crap. So I'm here to convince you why you should use rxtools + mset.

So here are all the things "a9lh" boast
    • 100% boot rate (who doesn't like have to force power down their console after a failed exploit?)
    • Always safe to update sysnand (enjoy your brick)
    • 8 second boot time (Useless)
    • Brick protection (That is a huge lie)
    Here are rxtools + mset pros
    • -1% boot rate!
    • Safe to update emunand until homemenu requires kernel version 2.51! (which knowing nintendo it likely never will)
    • 30 second boot time!
    • Brick allowing!
    Now which one is better? If you said rxtools + mset then your correct! Now stop using a9lh and installing rxtools and mset.

2. Boogieboo6

Boogieboo6 @realDonaldTrump

Jul 30, 2015
    United States
    I remember having MSET on my 3ds when I first hacked it. I don't recall it ever failing to work when I wanted to use it. Menuhax on the other hand, worked -2% of the time.

3. iAqua

iAqua GBAtemp Addict

GBAtemp Patron
    iAqua is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 7, 2015
    Antarctica
    Ugh, nice parody of my thread.

4. CIAwesome526

CIAwesome526 Im ugly and im proud

Mar 25, 2014
    United States
    The Lake, Kalos Region
    call me a menuhax peasant, but on my main 3ds, my launch day new 3ds xl, i still use menuhax with gridlauncher, and gateway for my custom firmware and rom launching needs (im too lazy to install a9lh, but thats about to change, since ill be trying it next week. and gateway is great, dont fight it). the boot rate is actually pretty fantastic usually, good enough that im happy. today, though it got pretty bad, and interestingly enough it was when i added luma3ds to my cfw options, since i created a second emunand, and luma seemed like the best option to run multiple emunands.... hmmmm.

i also tried a system transfer from 1.12 sysnand to 1.12 emunand today. still working on it, not sure if its working or not....