Hacking arm9 to boot9strap on New 3DS, do I need secret_sector.bin ?

XyracX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello guys, had dropped my New 3DS XL (9.2 Sys) for more than 1 year now, so not very up to date. I had (I think) arm9 / menuhax before, this flashing colored screens on booting before. Then I had to choose booting rxTools / Luma or into the HBL. The problem is... my Computer messed the MicroSD and all my emuNand and stuff is gone ! So I formatted my SD and the 3DS through Settings (Still on 9.2) and want to go with the "new" boot9strap method with Soundhax now. My question is, do I still need to make the part with the secret_sector.bin to reverse the arm9 hack I had before or is it all gone during the format and I can just follow the guide for a non modified device.

Thank you all ! :)

XyracX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just follow the guide. It covers everything.
But which one ? The A9LH to B9S or the normal one ? Is there still something changed in my System, or not ? (Because I formatted it) With the broken SD Card I dont have any access to the HBL, emuNand and other things anymore.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
If you had A9LH, you didn't have Menuhax, and vice versa. From the sound of it, you only had Menuhax, so you just need to follow the regular guide. Follow it from the very beginning, and don't stop until you reach the end. Don't skip around either.

XyracX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you had A9LH, you didn't have Menuhax, and vice versa. From the sound of it, you only had Menuhax, so you just need to follow the regular guide. Follow it from the very beginning, and don't stop until you reach the end. Don't skip around either.

Thanks, just followed the normal guide and all worked great. It is so much easier today, than back in the days ! :D

Reactions: Joom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse