Hacking Arm9 prefetch abort (svcbreak) with pokemon Ultra Moon

guyman70718

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I converted my japanese o3dsxl to a USA 3DS, and I was able to install multiple CIAs but for some reason, 3 different versions of ultra moon and one last version of moon all have an arm9 prefetch abort error. I saw someone else had the same situation but they never got a response. Ill attach a picture of the error.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 306
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded the seeddb.bin, but what do I do with it? I tried using FBI to just import seed and it has the same launching issue.

Edit - You do not have to do anything with seeddb.bin if you tried importing the seeds for those games that are known to require them with FBI while connected to the Internet. That file is used for offline methods of importing the seeds. The website is check whether or not a particular game requires a seed.

Check if your SD card is fake, faulty, or dying.
  1. Copy everything off the SD card to a computer.
  2. Quadruple reformat.
  3. Full Write + Verify the empty card in H2testw. Do not skip.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

guyman70718

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  2. Quadruple reformat.
Ok, I returned the 3DS back to Japanese to just ensure its not something with a faulty CTRTransfer, because I see many people saying this happens with the same game after a CTRTransfer. If it still doesn't work do what you said.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I returned the 3DS back to Japanese to just ensure its not something with a faulty CTRTransfer, because I see many people saying this happens with the same game after a CTRTransfer. If it still doesn't work do what you said.
I edited and added more info to my post #4.

After you've verified the empty SD card is good hardware-wise with H2testw,
  1. Hold (SELECT) button while turning on the 3DS → Luma3DS v#.# configuration
    • (x) Enable game patching
    • (x) Show NAND or user string in System Settings
  2. For whichever game that requires Luma Locale Emulation, use the homebrew app LumaLocaleSwitcher.
    • Note: Some region-free games may require locale emulation.
    • Note: Not all out-of-region games require locale emulation.
    • sdmc:/luma/titles/000400000XXXXX00/locale.txt
    • Code:
      RRR LL
    • 000400000XXXXX00 = title id
    • RRR = region ( JPN, USA, EUR, AUS, CHN, KOR, TWN )
    • LL = language ( JP, EN, FR, DE, IT, ES, ZH, KO, NL, PT, RU, TW )

If Luma Locale Emulation also doesn't work, the most likely explanation is that the standard CTRTransfer / region changing going from JPN → USA did not go as planned.

Try repairing the 3DS firmware + custom firmware with CTRTransfer (Type D9) - CTRTransfer.
  • You can keep the region changed USA firmware if you wish.

guyman70718

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit - You do not have to do anything with seeddb.bin if you tried importing the seeds for those games that are known to require them with FBI while connected to the Internet. That file is used for offline methods of importing the seeds. The website is check whether or not a particular game requires a seed.

2. Quadruple reformat.
Yup, on the Japanese NAND backup the same region-free CIA works on the same SD card with no other differences. I don't think my SD is fake or dying, I used this one on my switch just fine, along with a lot of other devices.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I edited and added more info to my post #4

2. For whichever game that requires Luma Locale Emulation, use the homebrew app LumaLocaleSwitcher.
    • Code:
      RRR LL

If Luma Locale Emulation also doesn't work, the most likely explanation is that the standard CTRTransfer / region changing going from JPN → USA did not go as planned.

Try repairing the 3DS firmware + custom firmware with CTRTransfer (Type D9) - CTRTransfer.
So what region do I use, the console's original region or the current region?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I edited and added more info to my post #4

• Code:
      RRR LL

So what region do I use, the console's original region or the current region?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, on the Japanese NAND backup the same region-free CIA works on the same SD card with no other differences. I don't think my SD is fake or dying, I used this one on my switch just fine, along with a lot of other devices.
That doesn't prove anything. Unless you've tested that card recently before, you cannot say for sure yours isn't fake or failing.

It's like going out to public, and a complete stranger telling you they don't have Coronavirus. Even if they don't exhibit symptoms of the illness, you can't take their words at face value.

Edit - You can redo CTRTransfer with the (Type D9) variant using the USA firmware. Be warned that due to how that particular CTRTransfer works, you can end badly softbricking the 3DS if your SD card isn't 100% working as it should be.

guyman70718

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That doesn't prove anything. Unless you've tested that card recently before, you cannot say for sure yours isn't fake or failing.

It's like going out to public, and a complete stranger telling you they don't have Coronavirus. Even if they don't exhibit symptoms of the illness, you can't take their words face value.
I get that, but I was able to confirm that the same SD works when I restore the nand back to japanese, which tells me that the SD is fine and that the problem is something to do with the conversion. Plus, it's much easier to just use the locale switcher to change a file than it is to copy all my files off the SD, format it 4 times and then leave it to test for 2 hours. If it still doesn't work ill test the SD but I'm 99% sure this SD is fine because I was using it literally the day before it was in my 3ds on another device

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get that, but I was able to confirm that the same SD works when I restore the nand back to japanese, which tells me that the SD is fine and that the problem is something to do with the conversion. Plus, it's much easier to just use the locale switcher to change a file than it is to copy all my files off the SD, format it 4 times and then leave it to test for 2 hours. If it still doesn't work ill test the SD but I'm 99% sure this SD is fine because I was using it literally the day before it was in my 3ds on another device
Due to past incidents trying to help others with their issues that were made worse because they've ignored or outright lied about checking their SD cards thinking theirs was perfectly fine the whole time, I will not assistance you any further for adamant safety reasons.

Edit 1 - Even if your card is fine, I can't take the risk unless we're 100% sure.

Edit 2 - If it helps, you can try H2testw checking a smaller SD card, test installing a Ultra Moon or Moon CIA game, and if required, firmware repairing with CTRTransfer (Type D9) on that smaller (known to be tested good) card.

guyman70718

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone interested in actual help fixing this issue, I was able to fix it and get the game to boot normally. Here's the steps I took
- Restored Japanese Firmware NAND
- Used this tool to format my SD card
- Copied all the files from this pack onto my SD
- Followed this video to convert my 3DS normally
- Used Settings to format my 3DS to factory settings
- Installed all the CIAs from the starter pack
- Installed the Ultra Moon CIA

This worked for me, but just note if you actually had any data on your SD it would have been gone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...