Ss9918

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Guys,

I am getting Arm 9 data abort error at a specific spot in game playing phantom hourglass, about halfway through the game starting in Goron temple every time when I try to move the first rock game goes to arm 9 error.

Have already tested my SD card using H2testw and it passed. I am also on the latest Luma and Twilight revisions and haven't seen this issue pop up anywhere else. I've tried multiple roms from multiple sources, one of which I know to be pretty reliable.

Is there anyway to verify *.nds files against known good copies and is there anything else I should try? Would CTRTransfer or CTRTransfer (Type D9) be worth it since everything else seems to be operating as normal?

Thanks

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Hi Guys,

I am getting Arm 9 data abort error at a specific spot in game playing phantom hourglass, about halfway through the game starting in Goron temple every time when I try to move the first rock game goes to arm 9 error.

Have already tested my SD card using H2testw and it passed. I am also on the latest Luma and Twilight revisions and haven't seen this issue pop up anywhere else. I've tried multiple roms from multiple sources, one of which I know to be pretty reliable.

Is there anyway to verify *.nds files against known good copies and is there anything else I should try? Would CTRTransfer or CTRTransfer (Type D9) be worth it since everything else seems to be operating as normal?

Thanks
Could you post an image of the arm9 data abort? And the Zelda save file too so we can debug it.

Ss9918

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is the screenshot I am getting and attached save file

LoZPH.jpg

Attachments

• Legend of Zelda, The - Phantom Hourglass (USA) (En,Fr,Es).zip
    7.2 KB · Views: 41

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is the screenshot I am getting and attached save file

View attachment 349360
How is that an arm 9 error? That looks like an nds-bootstrap error, so whatever that's causing it to crash has to do with it, maybe an incompatibility/ bug or something.
Btw, you're using TWilightmenu, right? I'd suggest updating it to the latest version if you're not on it already (it'd update nds-bootstrap too).

Ss9918

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is that an arm 9 error? That looks like an nds-bootstrap error, so whatever that's causing it to crash has to do with it, maybe an incompatibility/ bug or something.
Btw, you're using TWilightmenu, right? I'd suggest updating it to the latest version if you're not on it already (it'd update nds-bootstrap too).
Post automatically merged:

Yes TWighlight menu, Before I updated twilight it was showing arm 9 so I updated both twilight and luma so they are on the latest versions but the error is occurring at the same place

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Post automatically merged:

Yes TWighlight menu, Before I updated twilight it was showing arm 9 so I updated both twilight and luma so they are on the latest versions but the error is occurring at the same place
I think the game is known to work, you sure you don't have any issues/errors with other DS games?
Not sure if having a setting enabled in Twilightmenu could cause an bootstrap error, i'll tag @RocketRobz he'd shed some light into the matter.:)

Ss9918

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it working changed the clock speed to 133hz didnt't realize there was this other screen in TWilight thanks guys!

lailoko

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi

I am having the same issue but I have tried changing the ARM9 cpu speed to 133hz and it didn't worked, I have no "usrcheat.dat" in my extras folder and I never enabled the cheats. Can somebody help ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.