Arm9 , cfw switches and benefits

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by sebbydaman, Oct 10, 2016.

1. sebbydaman
    OP

sebbydaman Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2013
    United States
    So I have read about this new Arm safe method and Im interested into getting it but have a couple of questions.

Im currently in aureinand and want to know if there is an easy method to switch into Luma ? also if its better to do the arm method first then cw or switch cw then arm9. besides 100% boot loads , faster system start ups and reinstalling bricked consoles. is there any benfit ?

what happens if there is a big ypdate an Nintendo switches up the wholes system ? will emunand be better or arm9 the best ? already know abou the emunand transfer to system nand.

I have n3ds but probaly have very old versions of the diffrent programs since if it aint broken why change it but want to be prepared for pokemon and future proof my console.

2. cheuble

cheuble Marieism™

Feb 6, 2016
    France
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Land
    Are you using menuhax?

3. sebbydaman
    OP

sebbydaman Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2013
    United States
    yes with autoboot

4. Aletron9000

Aletron9000 3DS Master

May 10, 2016
    United States
    3DS ARM9 CPU
    1. a9lh is unpatchable, except by hardware revision or noob mistake.

2. because you can update sysnand, emunand is not needed so you get back more space on your sd card

5. cheuble

cheuble Marieism™

Feb 6, 2016
    France
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Land
    You should switch to A9LH, it'll install you luma. The benefits are brick protection, very fast bootrate, etc...

6. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Just follow the official wiki
    https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Installation-and-upgrade
    And there are plenty of reasons to switch to A9LH, everything from CFW sysNAND to 100% bootrate, as well having payloads that can boot before the sysNAND. Not to mention it's become stupid easy to switch to A9LH
    https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(A9LH)

Nintendo can not update to remove A9LH. A9LH uses code tethered to the each system to work, thus a targeted would only result in bricking both hacked and non-hacked systems. This is why when updating without Firm0/1 protection your system bricks. This is also why every CFW (minus Brickwait) have FIRM0/1 protection.

7. Aletron9000

Aletron9000 3DS Master

May 10, 2016
    United States
    3DS ARM9 CPU
    I heard updating n3ds without firm protection causes a brick, but o3ds updating just removes a9lh, no brick. I think it is because the o3ds doesn't rely on arm9loader, but n3ds does.

8. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    I haven't heard that and I am not up for testing it. I would still not suggest risking it if you don't have a hardmod and a NAND back up.