ROM Hack arm7 fix

digiblaster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've had problems with some roms for my R4 DS, and after a bit (or lot) of looking round, I found out about the arm7 fix. I downloaded a file from here, but have struggled to work it out. Also, does the arm7 fix work with r4 cartridge? In case it helps, the files that I had problems with are megaman star force dragon (or something like that) and mysims.

D

Deleted User

Mind you that I am using the DSx - but the Arm7 fix has worked for me in getting Zelda PH (J), SimCity (U), all the Megaman Starforce games (U), DK Swing whatever it's called(j) and Drawn to Life (U) to work.

After you've downloaded the Arm7 zip file you'll notice that there is a DONOR and a PATIENT folder. Get the SimCity JAPANESE rom and place that in the DONOR folder. Essentially, the Arm 7 fix removes a file (I think that it's associated with the save type) from the SimCity J rom and modifies your problem rom (Megaman Starforce, for example) by placing that file in the rom.

So with the SimCity J rom in the DONOR folder, place your problematic rom in the PATIENT folder. After that just click the Fix.bat file, type Y, hit enter and watch it do it's stuff. When you're done you'll find a new rom in the Arm7 fix folder - rename it to whatever the rom was that you placed in the PATIENT folder and you should be all set with a working rom.

yardsman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I've tried to grabbed the Arm7 fix from the Downloads section of this site, and followed the instructions, using the Japanese Sim City to try to fix the USA version of Worms 2 Open Warfare. However, after I hit yes when prompted by the fix.bat, the window just closes, and no new file is made. Has anyone had any experience with this problem?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ding dong